new here but have to comment

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:22:22 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

. .Apologies to everyone that was easily offended. . .One positive outcome: most people seem to have
now introduced themselves in .their own special way.

Yes, mountain bikers are indeed "special" -- as in Special Olympics.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Westridge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I am sorry if people have had enough with this mike vandeman character
> and
> >
> > I wondered, but I opened and read your post anyway. I just groaned when
> > saw what, or should I say who, it was about.
>
> congratulations to everybody who reposted the whole of this ****
>
> LEARN TO USE SCISSORS

Chill out, John. It wasn't a particulary big post and hardly worth the time to <snip>. Anyway,
before getting uptight and complaining about newsgroup ettiquite, I suggest that YOU read up on the
use and ettiquite of using all capitals in a post.

Westie - thinking someone didn't get laid last night -

Just read the page (link posted by J harris) and now see what I saw and read was only the tip of a
huge iceberg; A non inhabitated, inhabitated, mountaqin biker haven with no bikes allowed MV ;o)

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:26:21 -0500, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message > >
>> It's the new mother nature taking over It's the new splendid lady come to call It's the new
>> mother nature taking over She's getting us all, she's getting us all
>>
>> Peace, Bill
>>
>> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
>> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
>> :-]
>
>Now THAT took me for a little ride Bill. I saw them at the Frederick Fair a couple years back.
>Still kickin.
>
>Marty

Sweet, had no idea they were still around.

Bill(Guess Who)Wheeler

Peace,

:-]

"Westridge" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > congratulations to everybody who reposted the whole of this ****
> >
> > LEARN TO USE SCISSORS
>

> Chill out, John. It wasn't a particulary big post and hardly worth the
time
> to <snip>. Anyway, before getting uptight and complaining about newsgroup ettiquite,
> suggest that YOU read up on the use and ettiquite of using all capitals in
> post.
>
> Westie - thinking someone didn't get laid last night -

clueless inane drivel repeatedly repeated is bad for the soul, SHOUTING can be cathartic

didn't ride more like....

Simon wrote:
> Just read the page (link posted by J harris) and now see what I saw and read was only the tip of a
> huge iceberg; A non inhabitated, inhabitated, mountaqin biker haven with no bikes allowed MV ;o)
>
> Apologies once more.

No worries, most people have a bit of tussle with MV when they first turn up (myself included), but
then most realise that it's absolutely futile arguing with an irrational, illogical nutcase. Some
can't let go, but we do at least try and educate the newer members.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

> On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:26:21 -0500, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message > >
> >> It's the new mother nature taking over It's the new splendid lady come to call It's the new
> >> mother nature taking over She's getting us all, she's getting us all
> >>
> >> Peace, Bill
> >>
> >> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> >> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> >> :-]
> >
> >Now THAT took me for a little ride Bill. I saw them at the Frederick Fair
> >couple years back. Still kickin.
> >
> >Marty
> >
> Sweet, had no idea they were still around.
>
> Bill(Guess Who)Wheeler
>
> Peace,

Every time I leave one of their CD's in my truck, it gets broken into and stolen. Just got it again.
Can't live without that tune, not to mention 'No Time'.

--
Cameron

> > Chill out, John. It wasn't a particulary big post and hardly worth the
> time
> > to <snip>. Anyway, before getting uptight and complaining about newsgroup
ettiquite,
> > suggest that YOU read up on the use and ettiquite of using all capitals
in
> > post.
> >
> > Westie - thinking someone didn't get laid last night -
>
> clueless inane drivel repeatedly repeated is bad for the soul, SHOUTING
can
> be cathartic
>
> didn't ride more like....

;-)

Westie

"Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Simon wrote:
> > Just read the page (link posted by J harris) and now see what I saw and
read
> > was only the tip of a huge iceberg; A non inhabitated, inhabitated, mountaqin biker haven with
> > no bikes allowed MV ;o)
> >
> > Apologies once more.
>
> No worries, most people have a bit of tussle with MV when they first turn up (myself included),
> but then most realise that it's absolutely futile arguing with an irrational, illogical nutcase.
> Some can't let go, but we do at least try and educate the newer members.

besides, every so often its good for a laugh....

> John Atkinson <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > besides, every so often its good for a laugh....
>
> Indeed ',;~}
>
> I told him I loved him, and asked him to marry me and have my children. He said not until I gave
> up MOUNTAIN BIKING! I nearly freaking died laughing ',;~}
>
> He does have a sense of humour under all that shite. Suppose he'd have to really......
>
> Shaun aRe - Just another good reason to keep on MTB'ing eh? ',;~}

He has quite a good sense of humour really, its just people get so wound up they can't see the wood
for the trees, too many mtbers in the way I suppose... that and he's psychotic!

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> Although, if there's one thing that bugs me more than Americans, it's xenophobia. Them
> Xenophobians ought go back where they came from, there's summat weird about them there is that
> just creeps me out ......

"There's only two things I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and
the Dutch." - Michael Caine, Goldmember.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

> I mean, especially them damned Americans - take everything too bloody seriously. No sense of
> sarcasm or irony, or any of the more fun types of humo_u_r. Bastards.

Yeeees! And I am ******* of the week! Though I think I won that award for beating a Brit at his own
game. =))))

-John Morgan
--
To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote

> I mean, especially them damned Americans - take everything too bloody seriously. No sense of
> sarcasm or irony, or any of the more fun types of humo_u_r. Bastards.

OK. That does it. Brighton gets cluster bombed.

Or is that redundant?

CC

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I mean, especially them damned Americans - take everything too bloody seriously. No sense of
> > sarcasm or irony, or any of the more fun types of humo_u_r. Bastards.
>
> Yeeees! And I am ******* of the week! Though I think I won that award for beating a Brit at his
> own game. =))))

you lot are so incapable of beating anyone at their own game that you have to invent your own ;-)

YOU are the only Special Olympics Contestant here, Mike. You are like the Strawman in The Wiz of Oz,
always looking for a brain.

Mike, why do you insist on cross-posting topics in ca.environment that are actively taking place on
other boards? This practice is 1.) rude and 2.) stupid.

> On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:22:22 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> . .Apologies to everyone that was easily offended. . .One positive outcome: most people seem to
> have now introduced themselves
in
> .their own special way.
>
> Yes, mountain bikers are indeed "special" -- as in Special Olympics.
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

| Yes, mountain bikers are indeed "special" -- as in Special Olympics.
| ===
| I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
| help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

Mike?

Why do you use elementary playground school responses. Maybe "someone" could invent an
alt.name.calling group for you.

By all means air a view...but a grown man name calling! Please.

Simon...... worried about environmental damage caused by protesters using too much paper :eek:)