new here but have to comment

> On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:22:22 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> . .Apologies to everyone that was easily offended. . .One positive outcome: most people seem to
> have now introduced themselves
in
> .their own special way.
>
> Yes, mountain bikers are indeed "special" -- as in Special Olympics.

Mikey, maybe you should stop posting, you do nothing but embarass yourself.

> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:22:22 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Yes, mountain bikers are indeed "special" -- as in Special Olympics.

And what is wrong with the Special Olympics? At least they achieve despite their handicaps. My hat
is off to them. I guess the concept of compassion never came up while you were studing for your PhD.

Keep posting around here, people are starting to see the real you.

...Michael...

My face has gone crimson reading your super sad web page

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:26:10 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

>YOU are the only Special Olympics Contestant here, Mike. You are like the Strawman in The Wiz of
>Oz, always looking for a brain.
>
>Mike, why do you insist on cross-posting topics in ca.environment that are actively taking place on
>other boards? This practice is 1.) rude and 2.) stupid.

Simple. He is 1.) rude and 2.) stupid.

Disagreeing with him in any way means he will call you a liar, dum-dum, idiot, or criminal. This is
the type of reasoning which PhDs are well known for, NOT.

Happy trails, Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

"Michael Silver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:22:22 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> > Yes, mountain bikers are indeed "special" -- as in Special Olympics.
>
> And what is wrong with the Special Olympics? At least they achieve despite their handicaps. My
> hat is off to them. I guess the concept of compassion never came up while you were studing for
> your PhD.
>
> Keep posting around here, people are starting to see the real you.
>
> ...Michael...

He not the first "compassionite leftist" to use disabilities to bash others. 1994, Al Gore Jr.
refered to the "Extra-chromosome right wing". Can you say Down Syndrome?

--
Cameron

In article <[email protected]>, Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote:
>Complaining to his ISP will do you no good whatsoever. Despite his rather incomprehensible
>ramblings, he's not actually breaking any ToS (terms of service). Cross-posting and trolling may be
>frowned upon in Usenet circles, but Packard Bell aren't going to drop a paying customer for it.

It's Pacific Bell, not Packard Bell.

--
Mike Iglesias Internet: [email protected] University of California, Irvine phone:
949-824-6926 Network & Academic Computing Services FAX: 949-824-2069

"Mike Iglesias" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Complaining to his ISP will do you no good whatsoever. Despite his rather incomprehensible
> >ramblings, he's not actually breaking any ToS (terms of service). Cross-posting and trolling
> >may be frowned upon in Usenet circles, but Packard Bell aren't going to drop a paying customer
> >for it.
>
> It's Pacific Bell, not Packard Bell.

It's PacHell, not Pacific Bell.

Bill "survived their DSL nightmare" S.

You are special man Mike, Very special. Do you chase your own ears?

FEED THE TROLL!

> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:37:23 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> .THE POST I SAW AND REPLIED TO ... . .YOU are the only Special Olympics Contestant here, Mike. You
> are like the .Strawman in The Wiz of Oz, always looking for a brain. . .Mike, why do you insist on
> cross-posting topics in ca.environment that
are
> .actively taking place on other boards? This practice is 1.) rude and 2.) .stupid.
>

> Because they are about the environment in California. DUH!

It is extremely rude to cross post. If you wanted to start a new discussion and include several
boards, that is one thing. But, you drag conversations from one board to others, and you do it
mid-discussion.

It is even more rude to cross post discussions that are actively taking place in other boards, and
cross post in a manner that caused the newly impacted boards to only see parts of the discussion.

wrote:
> .> .> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:<[email protected]>... .> .> On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:22:22 -0000,
> "Simon" <[email protected]> .wrote: .> .> .> .> Yes, mountain bikers are indeed "special" --
> as in Special Olympics. .> . .> .And what is wrong with the Special Olympics? At least they
> achieve .> .despite their handicaps. My hat is off to them. .> .> I agree. At least their
> handicaps weren't self-inflicted, as yours are. .> .> I guess the concept .> .of compassion never
> came up while you were studing for your PhD. .> . .> .Keep posting around here, people are
> starting to see the real you. .> . .> ....Michael... .> .> === .> I am working on creating
> wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
> previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . . .NOTICE THAT MIKE'S REPLY AND MY POST HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH
> EACH OTHER?
WHY

Jeff Strickland wrote:

>>>A better New Years resolution is that everybody that is sick of Mike Vandeman's cross-posting
>>>ludicrous rants should report his conduct to
>>
> his
>
>>>ISP. If enough people forward his cross-posted goofy rants to [email protected] we should be able
>>>to put a muzzle on this TROLL.
>>
>>You're clueless...
>>

> Me too. Fill us in, please.

Complaining to his ISP will do you no good whatsoever. Despite his rather incomprehensible
ramblings, he's not actually breaking any ToS (terms of service). Cross-posting and trolling may be
frowned upon in Usenet circles, but Packard Bell aren't going to drop a paying customer for it.

Similarly, the 'abuse' address is for pure instances of abuse and contravention of ToS (look on
pacbell's website for full details). Sending a mail to them complaining that you don't like someone
on Usenet is likely to see your mail, and any future correspondence, directed to /dev/null.

Love him or loathe him, Mike has as much right to post in these groups as anyone else.

"Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > his

> >>You're clueless...
> >>

> > Me too. Fill us in, please.
>
> Complaining to his ISP will do you no good whatsoever. Despite his rather incomprehensible
> ramblings, he's not actually breaking any ToS (terms of service). Cross-posting and trolling may
> be frowned upon in Usenet circles, but Packard Bell aren't going to drop a paying customer for it.

I get it, he's an ass, but that's his right. I can follow that.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

>>>his

>>>Me too. Fill us in, please.
>>
>>Complaining to his ISP will do you no good whatsoever. Despite his rather incomprehensible
>>ramblings, he's not actually breaking any ToS (terms of service). Cross-posting and trolling may
>>be frowned upon in Usenet circles, but Packard Bell aren't going to drop a paying customer for it.
>>

> I get it, he's an ass, but that's his right. I can follow that.

Quite. And complaining to his ISP is a futile exercise...

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:40:52 -0600, "sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:13:53 GMT,
Idontwantspam@net (Gary S.) wrote: .> .> .On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:22:10 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" .>
.<[email protected]> wrote: .> . .> .>It is extremely rude to cross post. If you wanted to start a
new .discussion .> .>and include several boards, that is one thing. But, you drag .conversations .>
.>from one board to others, and you do it mid-discussion. .> .> .> .>It is even more rude to cross
post discussions that are actively taking .> .>place in other boards, and cross post in a manner
that caused the newly .> .>impacted boards to only see parts of the discussion. .> .> .> .Mikey does
not care at all about other people, rudeness is the only .> .way he knows to interact with others.
.> . .> .His postings and cross postings are meant to stir up trouble between .> .various user
groups. He does not believe he can convince anyone here, .> .yet he continues to try. He offers no
thoughts of any value, only .> .hatred. .> . .> .He has said it is stupid to pay attention to his
posts, and for the .> .first and only time, I agree with him. .> . .> .As a New Year's resolution, I
choose to ignore Mikey and Mikey-related .> .threads from now on. I encourage others to consider the
same. .> . .> .If an idiot shouts in a forest, and there is no one there to hear him, .> .does he
really exist? .> .> Yes, because there are always people listening. Without you there to .refute me
.> (as if you COULD!), I will have free reign. As usual. I'm SURE you won't .keep .> your promise.
Mountain biker promises are worthless. .> .> .Happy trails, .> .Gary (net.yogi.bear) .>
.------------------------------------------------ .> .at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence
.> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .A better New Years resolution is that everybody that is sick
of Mike .Vandeman's cross-posting ludicrous rants should report his conduct to his .ISP. If enough
people forward his cross-posted goofy rants to [email protected] we should be able to put a muzzle
on this TROLL.

Pacbell is QUITE familiar with attempts by mountain bikers to shut me up, and they know exactly
where to put those complaints. :)

You know, you have to have EVIDENCE OF WRONGDOING to have a valid complaint. Since I never do
anything wrong, you are wasting your time. DUH!!!!!

But, hey, thanks for proving my point for me: mountain bikers are "special". :)
===

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:31:21 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:22:10 -0800, "Jeff
Strickland" .<[email protected]> .> wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]>
wrote in message .> .news:[email protected]... .> .> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002
10:37:23 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> .> .wrote: .> .> .> .> .THE POST I SAW AND
REPLIED TO ... .> .> . .> .> .YOU are the only Special Olympics Contestant here, Mike. You are
like .the .> .> .Strawman in The Wiz of Oz, always looking for a brain. .> .> . .> .> .Mike, why
do you insist on cross-posting topics in ca.environment that .> .are .> .> .actively taking place
on other boards? This practice is 1.) rude and .2.) .> .> .stupid. .> .> .> .> .> .> Because they
are about the environment in California. DUH! .> .> .> . .> .It is extremely rude to cross post.
If you wanted to start a new .discussion .> .and include several boards, that is one thing. But,
you drag .conversations .> .from one board to others, and you do it mid-discussion. .> . .> .It is
even more rude to cross post discussions that are actively taking .> .place in other boards, and
cross post in a manner that caused the newly .> .impacted boards to only see parts of the
discussion. .> .> BS. Says who? . .Says who? Everybody ... . .It is also rude to fail to trim
excess stuff from your posts. You take a .post from other groups, and fail to trim AND cross post.
It makes it very .difficult to hold an intelligent debate, of course intelligent debates with .you
is a lost cause ...

Yeah, when you don't have the brains to do it.
===

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:28:34 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:29:08 -0800, "Jeff
Strickland" .<[email protected]> .> wrote: .> .> . .> ."Gary S." <Idontwantspam@net> wrote in
message .> .news:[email protected]... .> .> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:22:10
-0800, "Jeff Strickland" .> .> <[email protected]> wrote: .> .> .> .> >It is extremely rude to
cross post. If you wanted to start a new .> .discussion .> .> >and include several boards, that is
one thing. But, you drag .> .conversations .> .> >from one board to others, and you do it
mid-discussion. .> .> > .> .> >It is even more rude to cross post discussions that are actively
.taking .> .> >place in other boards, and cross post in a manner that caused the .newly .> .>
>impacted boards to only see parts of the discussion. .> .> > .> .> Mikey does not care at all about
other people, rudeness is the only .> .> way he knows to interact with others. .> .> .> .> His
postings and cross postings are meant to stir up trouble between .> .> various user groups. He does
not believe he can convince anyone here, .> .> yet he continues to try. He offers no thoughts of any
value, only .> .> hatred. .> .> .> . .> .The problem with his approach seems to be that we all are
unanomous in .our .> .rallying against him. I have noticed that there is seldom a post that .agrees
.> .with him. .> .> Only because NOT ONE mountain biker has the guts to tell the truth. .> .YOU
don't tell the truth ...

I just did.

.> .> He has said it is stupid to pay attention to his posts, and for the .> .> first and only time,
I agree with him. .> .> .> .> As a New Year's resolution, I choose to ignore Mikey and Mikey-related
.> .> threads from now on. I encourage others to consider the same. .> .> .> . .> .I would adopt the
same strategy, but he is so blantantly stupid and .vocal, .> .that somebody might actually take his
comments as truthful. I can't help .> .myself but to point out the flaws in his arguments. The
problem I have is .> .that his arguments constantly change, and his proof seems to be limited .to .>
.material he has written himself. .> . .> . .> .> If an idiot shouts in a forest, and there is no
one there to hear him, .> .> does he really exist? .> .> .> . .> .Sadly, yes. .> .> This is the only
tru thing you have said so far. .> === . .My point is made ...

Don't worry, if you comb your hair right, it won't show.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

To the Editor:

Re: Mountain Bikers' Anti-Wilderness Campaign

The International Mountain Biking Association, by their own admission, opposes half of Barbara
Boxer's Wilderness bill. They justify their opposition by the following seven lies:

1. "Banning bikes 'excludes' bikers" (they are incapable of walking?!). Of course, this is nonsense.
You can't mountain bike without being able to walk. There's no reason that mountain bikers can't
enjoy Wilderness the same way everyone else does. Somehow, humans have managed to enjoy nature
for 6 million years without bikes.
2. "Mountain biking is compatible with conservation". Bikes kill small plants and animals on and
under the trail, and drive wildlife away. Bikers disturb several times as much habitat as hikers,
because they travel several times as far.
3. "Closing trails to bikes 'forces' bikers to over-use other areas". This is obviously nonsense.
4. "Other, non-Wilderness, designations can protect wildlife, while allowing mountain biking".
Wilderness is our strongest protection. Wildlife deserve no less.
5. "Mountain biking is something worth spending public funds to preserve". Nonsense. It benefits
only the bikers.
6. "There exists such a thing as 'responsible' mountain biking". Yeah -- like "responsible"
bulldozer racing . . . .
7. "Something that contributes to the economy should be preserved". Not if it is harmful!

Mike Vandeman
===

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 16:52:39 -0600, "sohn" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:40:52 -0600, "sohn"
<[email protected]> wrote: .> .> . .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
.news:[email protected]... .> .> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:13:53 GMT,
Idontwantspam@net (Gary S.) wrote: .> .> .> .> .On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:22:10 -0800, "Jeff
Strickland" .> .> .<[email protected]> wrote: .> .> . .<snip> .> .A better New Years resolution is
that everybody that is sick of Mike .> .Vandeman's cross-posting ludicrous rants should report his
conduct to his .> .ISP. If enough people forward his cross-posted goofy rants to .>
[email protected] we should be able to put a muzzle on this TROLL. .> .> Pacbell is QUITE familiar
with attempts by mountain bikers to shut me up, .and .> they know exactly where to put those
complaints. :) .> .> You know, you have to have EVIDENCE OF WRONGDOING to have a valid .complaint.
.> Since I never do anything wrong, you are wasting your time. DUH!!!!! . . .Did we touch a
nerve????????

Keep your useless pop-psychology. Remember, my Ph.D. is in the real thing....

So you've been contacted by your ISP, time to .keep forwarding your rants to Pacbell.

No, I am sure your complaints are going just where all OTHER mountain biker complaints are going. :)

.> But, hey, thanks for proving my point for me: mountain bikers are ."special". :) .<snip> . .BTW,
I have never even owned a mountain bike.

Then why do you act like a mountain biker?

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> To the Editor:
>
> Re: Mountain Bikers' Anti-Wilderness Campaign
>
> The International Mountain Biking Association, by their own admission,
opposes
> half of Barbara Boxer's Wilderness bill. They justify their opposition by
the
> following seven lies:
>
> 1. "Banning bikes 'excludes' bikers" (they are incapable of walking?!). Of course, this is
> nonsense. You can't mountain bike without being able to
walk.
> There's no reason that mountain bikers can't enjoy Wilderness the same way everyone else does.
> Somehow, humans have managed to enjoy nature for 6
million
> years without bikes.
> 2. "Mountain biking is compatible with conservation". Bikes kill small
plants
> and animals on and under the trail, and drive wildlife away. Bikers
disturb
> several times as much habitat as hikers, because they travel several times
as
> far.
> 3. "Closing trails to bikes 'forces' bikers to over-use other areas". This
is
> obviously nonsense.
> 4. "Other, non-Wilderness, designations can protect wildlife, while
allowing
> mountain biking". Wilderness is our strongest protection. Wildlife deserve
no
> less.
> 5. "Mountain biking is something worth spending public funds to preserve". Nonsense. It benefits
> only the bikers.
> 6. "There exists such a thing as 'responsible' mountain biking". Yeah --
like
> "responsible" bulldozer racing . . . .
> 7. "Something that contributes to the economy should be preserved". Not if
it is
> harmful!
>
> Mike Vandeman

You do realize that nobody cares about this but you, right?