New here....help.

JUS

Jul 10, 2003
I just found a cannondale F200 for $100 in a pawn shop...the shock is non-adjustable and seems to nearly be collapsed and i dont care for the shimano grip shifters that are on it... do you think it would be worth it to buy it and slap on a lefty and xt components?

thanx

-JUS-

Originally posted by JUS
I just found a cannondale F200 for $100 in a pawn shop...the shock is non-adjustable and seems to nearly be collapsed and i dont care for the shimano grip shifters that are on it... do you think it would be worth it to buy it and slap on a lefty and xt components?
thanx
-JUS-

The F200 has crappy components (Shimano Walmart-grade), and a lousy fork (as you already found out) - but the frame is DEFINATELY worth a C-note.

But I'd try to talk him down to $80.00...

how much $$$ do you think i would have to spend to get this thing up to snuff for some heavy XC type riding?

you can spend a lot of money to build up a frame if you don't already have the components.

f200 is not made anymore, at least my lbs doesn't sell them. its a caad2 frame and probably a good frame, but I don't think I'd invest $200 in it.

because of OEM pricing, you can buy an entire bike for what a groupset will cost you.

a good groupset will cost $800 or $900 for everything (disc is more). I saw a new f700 (xt with disc) in the lbs for $1500. that's the way I'd go...

if you don't have the parts, new entire bike is cheaper.