new here

Cube1959

May 23, 2013
Hi Guys

I am new to the forum , I'm 53 and just started road Cycling again in December after a 25 year break , I live in North Wales , I am in the lucky position of being a househusband , So i can get out whenever i wish as our Son is in School .. .. I am only doing around 20 miles everyone day and 30/35 miles on a Saturday / Sunday .. I am slowly adding the miles , I started out with 5 / 8 miles .. then 10 to 15 .. now 20 / 35 ... This has been down to weather and illness , I suffer from Colitis , Which the hospital are now getting under control .. If any of your have the same illness you will understand how draining it can be .. It's the same illness that hit Darren Fletcher the Man Utd player ..
I cover 20 miles in around 1hr 10mins .. That is up in Buckley / Wrexham area ..

I brought a Cube Agree race pro in December , When doing a 30 sportif i had a fall and bent the mech hanger , It snapped 2 days later , Lucky for me it did , as my local bike shop here in Buckley, found a crack in the seat post , So took the bike back to Climbonbikes , who fitted a new frame .. I am loving getting out and trying to get fit and being a MAMIL !!

wow this has been the getting back to cycling season, many posts refer to the same phenomenon, and all face the same challenges: get back the motivation of doing sports, improve your fitness, relearn bike handling, learning curve on new mechanics, materials and accesories, patience and persistence is needed !

Originally Posted by vspa .

wow this has been the getting back to cycling season, many posts refer to the same phenomenon,
and all face the same challenges: get back the motivation of doing sports, improve your fitness, relearn bike handling, learning curve on new mechanics, materials and accesories, patience and persistence is needed !
I am loving it ... As i say i am in a lucky position , that at 53 i don't work , so can get out in the day when roads are quite , As long as i am back for 3 to pick up our son from school ... I do a little wedding and portrait photography , Here is my website www.3rdeyedigitalphotography.co.uk
We can also be found on face book under 3rd eye digital photography .. We work a husband and wife team via word of mouth ... This might sound stupid to many people but we don't want work every weekend , The reason is we then don't get to spend time as a family ..

When i said to my wife i am going to get a bike , she said fantastic it will give you something to do in the day , When i told her how much , she said "Why can't you buy a normal bike like everyone else " Lol .. Then i explained that was before i got pedals and all the MAMIL stuff , oh and the Garmin edge 800 i just brought .. But she can now see it isn't a fad .. I have done one sportif , 30 miles that turned into 34 when Lance here decided to make a break from his m8's and went the wrong way .. I'm an Armstrong , ..

I would like to do the John o groats to lands end in a couple of years time .. Wife is off to watch dirty dancing today , Little lad is going over to his m8's , I will get out on the bike for 30 miles in the SUN ! , Then it's a nice family night together ..Happy Cycling !!

Rog

Originally Posted by mmueller .

I am also new to the forum,welcome to this forum.
Where are you and what do you ride m8 ... Age etc ... always good to know a little about someone .. Welcome !!

as a unit, when one member of the family is happy, the complete family is happy, there is thread named "show me a photo of your road bike "(started long ago by someone else), if you are interested in posting a photo of your bike and accessories,

Originally Posted by vspa .

as a unit, when one member of the family is happy, the complete family is happy,
there is thread named "show me a photo of your road bike "(started long ago by someone else), if you are interested in posting a photo of your bike and accessories,
Hi ... yes i will take some photo's of it later , i have some photography work today so won't get time till early next week , But that sounds great .. Cheers .. Rog