New Highracers

Tom Sherman

Guest
See <http://www.recordholders.org/images/didi1.jpg> and
<http://www.recordholders.org/images/didi2.jpg>. On the theory that
bigger is better, the highracer manufacturers are redesigning their
bikes to use these wheels for the 2005 model year. ;)

Tom Sherman wrote:
> See http://www.recordholders.org/images/didi1.jpg<]http://www.recordhol-
> ders.org/images/didi1.jpg[/url]> and http://www.recordholders.org/image-
> s/didi2.jpg<]http://www.recordholders.org/images/didi2.jpg[/url]>. On
> the theory that bigger is better, the highracer manufacturers are
> redesigning their bikes to use these wheels for the 2005 model year. ;)
> --
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities (Illinois Side)

Hey Tom As a long time trucker, I can see numerous advantages to this
design. Imagine the view from the cockpit. Also, increasing wheel size
is the best way to reduce rolling resistance. This advantage would be
more than offset however by increased wind resistance, so on second
thought, maybe I'll just stick with the more conventional design.

--

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> See <http://www.recordholders.org/images/didi1.jpg> and
> <http://www.recordholders.org/images/didi2.jpg>. On the theory that
> bigger is better, the highracer manufacturers are redesigning their
> bikes to use these wheels for the 2005 model year. ;)

Are you going to be the marketing rep for the Chicago area?

$kip

$kip wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>See <http://www.recordholders.org/images/didi1.jpg> and
>><http://www.recordholders.org/images/didi2.jpg>. On the theory that
>>bigger is better, the highracer manufacturers are redesigning their
>>bikes to use these wheels for the 2005 model year. ;)
>>

> Are you going to be the marketing rep for the Chicago area?

I am going to market parachutes to the riders so they can descend to
safety if they lose their balance.

This looks like just the solution to that pack of dogs that regularly comes
out to greet me on my exercise ride. Those ISO 2500 mm wheels would just
glide right over a shelty (much to the poor dog's detriment). While waiting
for a traffic light, I could just hang on to the overhead traffic light
fixture ;-) Sure hope they make a folding spare tire in that size!
--
Bill Anton
2001 Vision R-40 26x26 SWB OSS