New Hope, PA

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Peter R, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. Peter R

    Peter R Guest

    any suggestions for 30-40 mile rides in the New Hope, PA area?

    Tags:

  2. Billcotton

    Billcotton Guest

    http://www.billcotton.com/philadelphia_area_bicycle_trails.htm Choose the Bucks county link.

    --
    // Bill Cotton: Latitude N40° 03.756' W75° 06.192' / / Phone 215 663-8363 Data 215 663-8364 //
    [email protected] [email protected] // [email protected] [email protected] //

    "peter r" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > any suggestions for 30-40 mile rides in the New Hope, PA area?

  3. Roy Zipris

    Roy Zipris Guest

    "peter r" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > any suggestions for 30-40 mile rides in the New Hope, PA area?

    Check the Central Bucks Bike Club schedule, www.cbbikeclub.org. Pretty much every Saturday and
    Sunday, and Tuesday and Thursday evenings, in and around that general area. --Roy Zipris

  4. Ken Brown

    Ken Brown Guest

    Cross the Delaware (like Washington) and cycle the path called the Delaware & Raritin Canal. It
    follows the river both north & south. Ken "peter r" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >any suggestions for 30-40 mile rides in the New Hope, PA area?

    Ken Brown, Toronto Canada Ontario Rail Trails: http://webhome.idirect.com/~brown delete "nospam" if
    replying via e-mail

  5. Roy Zipris

    Roy Zipris Guest

    Ken Brown <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Cross the Delaware (like Washington) and cycle the path called the Delaware & Raritin Canal. It
    > follows the river both north & south.

    If you ride the NJ path (which goes from Trenton to Frenchtown, I think), you might want to ride the
    NJ side one way then cross the river and ride the PA towpath (60 miles, from Morrisville to Easton,
    I think) back to your start. A little variety. --Roy

  6. H. M. Leary

    H. M. Leary Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Roy Zipris) wrote:

    > Ken Brown <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Cross the Delaware (like Washington) and cycle the path called the Delaware & Raritin Canal. It
    > > follows the river both north & south.
    >
    > If you ride the NJ path (which goes from Trenton to Frenchtown, I think), you might want to ride
    > the NJ side one way then cross the river and ride the PA towpath (60 miles, from Morrisville to
    > Easton, I think) back to your start. A little variety. --Roy

    I have done this a couple of times. We have had a lot of rain this year, so I would recommend the
    fattest tires or even an MTB.

    Enjoy