new jerseys

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    (sewing content) Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen bike jersey
    fabric? Here's the end result

    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg

    Cool, Eh? Now I have to test the inks for normal wear and washing. If the inks work like they are
    supposed to ( screening on synthetics is tricky) I may do a whole lot more yardage.

    here's another one I made; www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/jerseyb.jpg out of capilene but I gave
    it to one of the gals.

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > (sewing content) Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen bike
    > jersey fabric? Here's the end result

    Dang, wasn't that like a year ago!

    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg
    >
    > Cool, Eh? Now I have to test the inks for normal wear and washing. If the inks work like they are
    > supposed to ( screening on synthetics is tricky) I may do a whole lot more yardage.

    Very nice. I knew we kept ya around for some reason.

    > here's another one I made; www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/jerseyb.jpg out of capilene but I gave
    > it to one of the gals.
    >

    > Penny

  3. Penny says:

    >Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen bike jersey fabric? Here's
    >the end result

    Looks good, Penny. Trouble is, there are too many rings on it for our SS bethren. ;-))

    Steve

  4. Penny S. wrote:

    > Cool, Eh? Now I have to test the inks for normal wear and washing. I

    You should submit one to Clydesdale Labs, LLC. for advanced stress testing.

    --
    John G. 52 long tall, 18.5" neck.

  5. Slacker wrote:
    >>www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    > Very nice. I knew we kept ya around for some reason.

    And the shirt aint half bad, either.

    --
    John G. (You knew _someone_ was gonna say it ;-)

  6. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:00:15 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

    > (sewing content) Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen bike
    > jersey fabric? Here's the end result
    >
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg

    OMG that is cool!

    gabrielle, the other Fabric Weenie

  7. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:00:15 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg

    This second one with the different colors looks really slick.

  8. Westie

    Westie Guest

    > (sewing content) Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen
    bike
    > jersey fabric? Here's the end result
    >
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg
    >
    > Cool, Eh? Now I have to test the inks for normal wear and washing. If the inks work like they are
    > supposed to ( screening on synthetics is tricky) I may do a whole lot more yardage.

    Very cool. The second one with the differerent shades/layered look is awesome.
    --
    Westie

    > here's another one I made; www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/jerseyb.jpg out of capilene but I gave
    it
    > to one of the gals.
    >

    > Penny

  9. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Westie wrote:

    >> (sewing content) Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen bike
    >> jersey fabric? Here's the end result
    >>
    >> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    >> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg
    >>
    >> Cool, Eh? Now I have to test the inks for normal wear and washing. If the inks work like they are
    >> supposed to ( screening on synthetics is tricky) I may do a whole lot more yardage.
    >
    > Very cool. The second one with the differerent shades/layered look is awesome.

    those are front and back views of the same shirt silly guys! Two different screen paints mixed
    together for that effect: turquoise and metallic.

    I definitely have to do more of this.

    Penny

  10. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > (sewing content) Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen bike
    > jersey fabric? Here's the end result
    >
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg
    >
    > Cool, Eh? Now I have to test the inks for normal wear and washing. If the inks work like they are
    > supposed to ( screening on synthetics is tricky) I may do a whole lot more yardage.

    Groovy stuff. The louder the colors the better.

    JD

  11. JD wrote:
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>(sewing content) Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen bike
    >>jersey fabric? Here's the end result
    >>
    >>www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    >>www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg
    >>
    >>Cool, Eh? Now I have to test the inks for normal wear and washing. If the inks work like they are
    >>supposed to ( screening on synthetics is tricky) I may do a whole lot more yardage.
    >

    > Groovy stuff. The louder the colors the better.

    W/ all the urban riding I beed doing along w/ 20 years of riding a motorcycle I must say that
    being-seen=staying-alive

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3E8[email protected]>...
    > JD wrote:
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >>(sewing content) Anyone remember I was in the process of making some custom silk screen bike
    > >>jersey fabric? Here's the end result
    > >>
    > >>www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen1.jpg
    > >>www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/customscreen2.jpg
    > >>
    > >>Cool, Eh? Now I have to test the inks for normal wear and washing. If the inks work like they
    > >>are supposed to ( screening on synthetics is tricky) I may do a whole lot more yardage.
    > >

    > > Groovy stuff. The louder the colors the better.
    >
    > W/ all the urban riding I beed doing along w/ 20 years of riding a motorcycle I must say that
    > being-seen=staying-alive

    Hippy

    Ride trails, not sidewalks.

    JD

  13. JD wrote:
    > Ride trails, not sidewalks.

    Trails are too soggy now. can't do it man. It gonna be a aweful spring, ground is super-saturated
    and frozen deeply. We are in a shallow hardpan stage now. WOn;t be good trail riding for at least a
    month if we have zero rain from now till then... it's either Urban or the GRS trainer.