New job, new 'bak

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zilla, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Zilla

Zilla Guest

Will be starting on a new job soon that's 10 mi. (16 km) away from home, so I'll probably be ride my
    road bike at least 2x a week. For that, I got a new Camelbak Blowfish so I can fit all my clothes
    for the day in it. This thing is awesome with lots of room. I like the new Omega mouth too.

You say "2 times a week, why not everyday?" I'll be riding the mountain bike the rest of the days
    that's why! :)

--
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

Tags:

2. On 2004-02-21, Zilla penned:
    > Will be starting on a new job soon that's 10 mi. (16 km) away from home, so I'll probably be
    > ride my road bike at least 2x a week. For that, I got a new Camelbak Blowfish so I can fit all
    > my clothes for the day in it. This thing is awesome with lots of room. I like the new Omega
    > mouth too.

I have the blowfish. I like it a lot.

--
    monique

3. Zilla

Zilla Guest

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    > On 2004-02-21, Zilla penned:
    >> Will be starting on a new job soon that's 10 mi. (16 km) away from home, so I'll probably be
    >> ride my road bike at least 2x a week. For that, I got a new Camelbak Blowfish so I can fit all
    >> my clothes for the day in it. This thing is awesome with lots of room. I like the new Omega
    >> mouth too.
    >
    > I have the blowfish. I like it a lot.

I've had the (old) Mule, which is good enough for the trails for me.

--
    - Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

4. Dave W

Dave W Guest

"Zilla" <[email protected]> had this to say
    news:[email protected]

> Will be starting on a new job soon that's 10 mi. (16 km) away from home, so I'll probably be
    > ride my road bike at least 2x a week. For that, I got a new Camelbak Blowfish so I can fit all
    > my clothes for the day in it. This thing is awesome with lots of room. I like the new Omega
    > mouth too.
    >
    > You say "2 times a week, why not everyday?" I'll be riding the mountain bike the rest of the days
    > that's why! :)
    >

hehehe, cool. I just picked myself up a Mule last week. That and a pair of Crown Jewels :)

Dave (dontcha just luv b'days)

5. Klydesdale

Klydesdale Guest

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > mouth too.
    >

An additional tip for those Omega reservoirs: They make great ice packs for reducing injury-
    related swelling.

I'm recovering from surgery on both knees and have been icing them regularly to keep down on the
    inflammation. I was getting tired of dealing with leaky zip lock bags, frozen peas and re-useable
    icepacks that don't last very long. I was thinking of looking for a sturdy easy-to-refill ice bag at
    the local pharmacy when I realized I had something that fit the bill sitting right inside my
    Camelback.

6. Marty

Marty Guest

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 2004-02-21, Zilla penned:
    > > Will be starting on a new job soon that's 10 mi. (16 km) away from home, so I'll probably be
    > > ride my road bike at least 2x a week. For that, I got a new Camelbak Blowfish so I can fit all
    > > my clothes for the day in it. This thing is awesome with lots of room. I like the new Omega
    > > mouth too.
    >
    > I have the blowfish. I like it a lot.

I have a MULE that is 3 years old and going strong. I've actually flipped and landed on it; 215lbs
    and a nice drop and no damage (to the pack!!).

Marty

7. Bill Wheeler

Bill Wheeler Guest

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:00:35 -0500, "Zilla"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>Will be starting on a new job soon that's 10 mi. (16 km) away from home, so I'll probably be ride
    >my road bike at least 2x a week. For that, I got a new Camelbak Blowfish so I can fit all my
    >clothes for the day in it. This thing is awesome with lots of room. I like the new Omega mouth too.
    >
    >You say "2 times a week, why not everyday?" I'll be riding the mountain bike the rest of the days
    >that's why! :)

Schweeeet! Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
    mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

8. Gman

Gman Guest

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:00:35 -0500, Zilla <[email protected]> wrote:
    > mouth too.
    >
    > You say "2 times a week, why not everyday?" I'll be riding the mountain bike the rest of the days
    > that's why! :)

SWEET! I think I need me one-a-them Blowfish...

G

9. Michael Dart

Michael Dart Guest

In news:[email protected],
    Marty <[email protected]> typed:
    > "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> On 2004-02-21, Zilla penned:
    >>> Will be starting on a new job soon that's 10 mi. (16 km) away from home, so I'll probably be
    >>> ride my road bike at least 2x a week. For that, I got a new Camelbak Blowfish so I can fit all
    >>> my clothes for the day in it. This thing is awesome with lots of room. I like the new Omega
    >>> mouth too.
    >>
    >> I have the blowfish. I like it a lot.
    >
    >
    >
    > I have a MULE that is 3 years old and going strong. I've actually flipped and landed on it; 215lbs
    > and a nice drop and no damage (to the pack!!).
    >
    > Marty

That's why I call 'em 'hydraulic spine protectors'. ;^)

Mike

10. Zilla

Zilla Guest

Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:00:35 -0500, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Will be starting on a new job soon that's 10 mi. (16 km) away from home, so I'll probably be
    >>ride my road bike at least 2x a week. For that, I got a new Camelbak Blowfish so I can fit all
    >>my clothes for the day in it. This thing is awesome with lots of room. I like the new Omega
    >>mouth too.
    >>
    >>You say "2 times a week, why not everyday?" I'll be riding the mountain bike the rest of the days
    >>that's why! :)
    >
    >
    > Schweeeet! Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is,
    > the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    > :-]

BTW, best part of it, trail heads (yes plural) are 1 mi. away from new job location!!! Heh,
    heh, heh. :)

-Zilla