New Jousting Video

BoojiBoy

Guest
A little jousting experiment. Turns out 3" thick cardboard makes a very
strong and lightweight sheild, but cheap badmitten net poles do not make
the best lances. Enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/3mnej

| Attachment filename: joust.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/262317|

BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

www.skawabunga.com
www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
www.epluribusfunk.tk
gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

Nice vid. What were you guys using for lances? It seemed kinda weak to
break from those impacts.

--
daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.10.19
Seatpost and rail adapter
'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
I need to find a job

looks much fun! I'll have to try it out some time!

Did the video play a very slow fps for anyone, or was it just me and my
stupid computer?

Joe,

--
joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

joe wrote:
> *looks much fun! I'll have to try it out some time!
>
> Did the video play a very slow fps for anyone, or was it just me and
> my stupid computer?
>

> Joe, *

Well part of it was slowmo so yes it does go at a slow fps at one
point.

Thats a good video you got there.

--
Tim - Jelly Bean Eater

Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

Jagur's my main man.
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Cool video! We did uni jousting at the Woodford Folk Festival where we
were doing freestyle, trials, and muni demos. Actually it ended up as
people bashing each other with the lances rather than jousting.

We used wooden poles that were about 5 or 6' long and about 20mm
diameter, stuck through those foam pool noodles. Eventually one of them
broke when someone went for a very powerful blow to my shoulder but
luckily I blocked it. So we took the broken one and turned it into two
shorter ones.

A fun thing to try is the old lance-between-the-legs (and I mean between
the two moving legs, not the other type of between the legs) when
they're riding along...they'll fall right over.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

jousting is really stupid! ha ha!

were gona put it in our dvd when we get round to making it i think we'l
try and go with the cardboard armour too!

there were some guys jousting at crawley juggling festival but you could
make it more amusing by both using "12 inch unis! then 1 of u on a 5
foot giraffe and the other a 12 inch! hilaroius

bungle.

--
BungleBanks - Wooden Chipmunk!

So many people ask me "if i can ride that thing?" and i say "no i just
push it round for fun!"
BungleBanks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5830

What a riot! I've heard it talked about on these forums, but to see it
is to appreciate it. Great editing.....looks like a few Pinnacle Studio
fonts in the titles?.....the transitioning of the subjects with the
fades while the background stayed solid was very effective. I can't
wait 'til my kids wake up so they can see it. Thanks a bunch, I laughed
out loud!

--
unidaddy - waiting for the first face plant
unidaddy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7879

unidaddy wrote:
> *What a riot! I've heard it talked about on these forums, but to see
> it is to appreciate it. Great editing.....looks like a few Pinnacle
> Studio fonts in the titles?.....the transitioning of the subjects with
> the fades while the background stayed solid was very effective. I
> can't wait 'til my kids wake up so they can see it. Thanks a bunch, I
> laughed out loud! *

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Good eye. I'm using Pinnacle 9 right now,
which is pretty awesome, but there are still a few things that I wish I
could do with it, mainly reversing clips. Do you have any experience
with Premiere? I'm wondering if I should make a switch.

--

loosejello wrote:
> *You could use PVC pipe, but it's really flexible, and is likely to
> bend. Also, if hit hard, can shatter, but it takes lots of force to do
> that. *

We tried 2 different lances. The first couple of hits were with long
badmitten net poles. They worked good for my brother, but mine just bent
right in half. Then we used a sort of pvc material for the last couple
of shots. Each one was two pieces that fit together, really flexible,
but I think that helped take some of the danger out of it.

I really like the idea of cardboard armor. I think that would be
hilarious.

What would really be great is to have a whole army of uni jousters. Get
a group of like 20 people, split into teams of 10, each decked out in
their respective armour, and film them charging each other. Like
Braveheart or The Last Samarai. I could see something like that becoming
an internet sensation, plus it would be a blast and a half to do.