new Look Keo pedals and knee pain

clonsingle

May 30, 2005
I just moved onto look keo's with grey cleats and after one 80 mile group ride my left knee has become very painful. The pain is behind the knee cap.
My knee was fine for the all of the 80 miles cycles except for the last mile when the pain started suddenly (just after a hard effort on large gears).
Whats the best solutuion now - rest from the bike for a few days, physio, red cleats?

Not sure what pedals you moved from, but the Keo's have a 6mm lower stack height than my Look CX-6's. The pain BEHIND your knee certainly points to a saddle that is too high (IOW, your leg is extending more because your pedals are lower). Check your saddle height between the old and new pedals.

Just a suggestion. Good luck.

clonsingle said:
I just moved onto look keo's with grey cleats and after one 80 mile group ride my left knee has become very painful. The pain is behind the knee cap.
My knee was fine for the all of the 80 miles cycles except for the last mile when the pain started suddenly (just after a hard effort on large gears).
Whats the best solutuion now - rest from the bike for a few days, physio, red cleats?
Lower the Saddle I went from Time to Look and had the same problem.

clonsingle said:
Did lowering your saddle work? I seam to have the same issue with my new Keo's. I might also have pushed too big a gear. Thx

I have a question about lower back and leg pain that I sometimes experience while riding. Sometimes when I am riding my legs will become so racked with pain that I can no longer pedal. I know I have lower back issues from years of heavy cycling, but this is ridiculous. Sometimes I cannot climb even the smallest hills without stiffness and pain so bad that I almost black out. Any ideas?