New Madone 7.9

Freddy Merxury

Sep 27, 2012
New 2013 Trek Madone 7.9

Attachments

• madone7.9.JPG
    madone7.9.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
Very nice. You will need to emotionally prepare yourself, however, for the first scratch.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Very nice. You will need to emotionally prepare yourself, however, for the first scratch.
I was lucky enough to pick up one of the first '92 Kawi ZX-11's fresh off the line. When she toppled over accidentally while I was trying to put her on the center stand (I had no idea regarding proper technique) I got a bit emotional for about 5 minutes. After I got over it however I felt like I was able to really start stretching her legs.

danfoz said:
I was lucky enough to pick up one of the first '92 Kawi ZX-11's fresh off the line. When she toppled over accidentally while I was trying to put her on the center stand (I had no idea regarding proper technique) I got a bit emotional for about 5 minutes. After I got over it however I felt like I was able to really start stretching her legs.
I bought a brand new Ducati 888 SPO and less than 24hrs later, my 80 y.o. landlord plowed into it in the driveway. I had left j it there as I only ran into the house quickly to get something. Then she argued for quite a while how there was no damage (there was a cracked fairing, mirror, and other things) and that her insurance didn't cover that sort of thing anyway.

Originally Posted by alienator .

I bought a brand new Ducati 888 SPO and less than 24hrs later, my 80 y.o. landlord plowed into it in the driveway. I had left j
it there as I only ran into the house quickly to get something. Then she argued for quite a while how there was no damage (there was a cracked fairing, mirror, and other things) and that her insurance didn't cover that sort of thing anyway.
Oh ****! Love the sound of that desmo twin, especiallty in the stratos of the rev range. I got to ride a 900SS for a day trip once, clipons were a little low and forward for the long haul we did but jeez that bike was sweet.

(apologies for the hijack Freddy)

How's the honeymoon coming along? What are the next upgrades, or is the bike settled for awhile?

I cut the steer tube, slapped my Selle San Marco Aspide carbon rail seat on. Zipp FC 404's.

Comes in at 14.2 with bottle cages, peddles and garmin.

Very nice, what tires are you running with those super sweet hoops?

V. Good choice, except for the mileage factor some of the best tires ever made imo. I didn't realize you got the tubbies, or are you referring to their "open" tubulars?

FC404's are a very nice choice. I agree with danfoz re: the mileage you can expect out of those tires, which is to say not much. The same goes for their puncture resistance.

There just for racing. I also put a can of pit stop in each tire which has helped the puncture resistance a lot.

My everyday wheels are stan's notube alpha ZTR 140 or whatever 32, 32 with Hutchinson Atom tires and bontager sealant. wheels weigh about 1350 and never flat.