New Manitou Black Comp 100-120mm..

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Edwards, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Edwards

    Edwards Guest

    ..just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from Supergo. Couldn't pass up the
    low price for a new long travel cross country fork. Any comments ?

    BTW- Selling my old cross country fork(which is still perfectly functional) 2000 Sid dual Air. Black
    in color with lockout. Normal cable scuffs etc. Anyone interested? best offer.

    Tags:

  2. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    Edwards <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ..just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from Supergo. Couldn't pass up the
    > low price for a new long travel cross
    country
    > fork. Any comments ?
    >
    > BTW- Selling my old cross country fork(which is still perfectly
    functional)
    > 2000 Sid dual Air. Black in color with lockout. Normal cable scuffs etc. Anyone interested?
    > best offer.

    oil in right leg coil spring in left, cab be upgraded to TPC plus damping or a lock out.

  3. "Edwards" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ..just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from Supergo. Couldn't pass up the
    > low price for a new long travel cross
    country
    > fork. Any comments ?

    Yes. You should ask before you buy.

  4. On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:42:53 GMT, "Edwards" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >..just purchased. Is this a quality coil/oil fork? I paid $219 from Supergo. Couldn't pass up the
    >low price for a new long travel cross country fork. Any comments ?

    It was selling for that price for a reason.

    #1.) The Black has turned out to be such a wonderful fork that a
    certain bike manufacturer is sending out Marzocchi Z1-FR's, for free, to replace the Blacks that
    were installed by the factory.

    #2.) I personally witnessed the line of less than happy Black owners
    waiting for rebuilds at the Manitou tech truck, at last year's Pedros fest.

    You bought a $219 fork. If it works out for you, great! If your Black turns out like so many others,
    at least you only paid $219 for
    it.

    Barry

  5. Edwards

    Edwards Guest

    Pay no attention to this fool. I have all the confidence in the world in Manitou. They have been
    making kick ass suspension forks for a long time. They aren't all of a sudden going to put a POS
    fork on the market..TRUST ME on this-

    1) This fork is selling at that pricepoint because most all forks go on sale at season end to make
    room for next years' model.

    2) I have read many positive reviews(mtbreview.com) on this fork and very, very few unfavorable
    ones.... and those (poor reviews)usually regard the plastic knob on the top of the fork leg. Or
    are posted by some 200 plus pound hucker who needs a true DH fork...so there ya have it

    I really just want to sell my SID...hehe

    > "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <Keep it in the [email protected]>
    wrote
    > in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > It was selling for that price for a reason.
    > >
    > > #1.) The Black has turned out to be such a wonderful fork that a
    > > certain bike manufacturer is sending out Marzocchi Z1-FR's, for free, to replace the Blacks that
    > > were installed by the factory.
    > >
    > > #2.) I personally witnessed the line of less than happy Black owners
    > > waiting for rebuilds at the Manitou tech truck, at last year's Pedros fest.
    >
    > I hear things now and again about massive Black failures, but never
    anything
    > specific. Is this limited to the Sport/Comp models, or are all of the Blacks susceptible? Is there
    > a link with a lot of detail you could
    provide?