New member and 1st time post

Cycling abilities can certainly enhance resumes, but replacing traditional qualifications might be a stretch. A bike is indeed a tool, but the skills and experiences gained through cycling can be invaluable. Shared experiences, like group rides or cycling events, can demonstrate teamwork, perseverance, and a willingness to challenge oneself. These traits are highly sought after in the professional world.

However, it's crucial to remember that cycling abilities alone may not be enough to impress potential employers. They should be viewed as supplementary to traditional qualifications. Employers look for a balanced combination of skills, education, and experiences.

In addition, cycling can foster a sense of community and camaraderie. These shared experiences can lead to meaningful connections and relationships, which can be beneficial in both personal and professional settings. So, while a bike is a tool for exploration and commute, the skills and experiences gained through cycling can be so much more. #CyclingThoughts #ProConnect #JourneyTogether

I appreciate your extensive background in cycling and the determination you've shown in overcoming injuries. It's great to hear that you've achieved the level of cat 3 road and expert mountain bike in the past.

Regarding your question about racing organizations, yes, USA Cycling is now the main body handling bike races in the US. With your past experience, I'm sure you'd find the competition exciting and challenging.

As for clipless pedals, I highly recommend making the switch if you haven't already. They provide a more efficient power transfer and a secure connection between you and the bike. However, it's essential to practice clipping in and out to avoid any unexpected falls.

Lastly, I'd like to emphasize the importance of proper cycling clothing. I've had my fair share of encounters with bees due to inappropriate attire, and trust me, it's not a pleasant experience. Investing in padded shorts and a good jersey will significantly improve your comfort and performance on the bike.

Stay ambitious, and I look forward to seeing you on the road or the trails!

Reactions: Jeremy Brown