new member saying Hey!

thormusique

Sep 4, 2012
Hello, I'm glad to have stumbled onto Cycling Forums—looks like a great find! I plan to purchase a decent road bike in the near future. I was an avid road cyclist for years until about 10 years ago. Time got away from me (or I got away from it?). Anyway, I'm all a-juice to get back in the saddle. I've looked about and noticed that road bikes have gone through some kind of amazing transformation, where now a decent one is reminiscent of the kind of bike I used to drool over but could never afford. That said, I'd still like to be able to get decent wheels for under $1000, and I gasp to read reviews that read something like "This is a good entry-level bike for only $1200."

The other day I heard someone mention HASA bikes, saying that they make a good-quality road bike with Shimano Tiagra components for about $800. As the price was right, my ears perked up. Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to ask this guy about it. So, does anyone know anything about these bikes and whether they are any good? Likewise, are there any other brands out there that you'd recommend that are reasonably priced and roadworthy?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!