New member saying Hi

fredy1972

Aug 28, 2012
[FONT= 'Arial']Hello everyone,[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']Having scoured the internet for cycling info, I happened to stumble upon this community and thought I would join in.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']I suppose I should introduce myself of sorts, and explain my reasoning for taking up cycling as an aging 40 year old.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']To be honest, I was inspired. Inspired by a certain American gentleman who goes by the name of Lance.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']I realise he has been receiving a lot of press recently, however I care none ! is he guilty ? probably ?? is he on his own ? definitely not. I believe the sporting era's from the 70's through until the early 2000's was riddled with high profile athletes cheating the system.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']He may get his titles stripped and his name removed from the record books, but who do they award those titles to ? as I would be extremely surprised if the 2nd place finishers were not just as guilty.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']Anyhow I digress - My inspiration comes from reading his book titled "Its Not About The Bike", and my reason for reading this particular book stems from health issues that I too had to go through, I was fortunate that my cancer hadn't spread, however chemo was the pits. [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']And to top it off, I was also struck down with an auto-immune disease called Polymyositis, which basically left me as unfit as I have ever been in my entire 40 years. The immune disease left my so weak "as it attacked my muscles", I could hardly lift my leg off the floor.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']So, I'm on the road to recovery and what better way to regain my fitness......Cycling ![/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']I have purchased a SuperSix 105 through reviews and reading advice on here, and hope that one day my fitness will be at a level to at least ride the thing to a pace it deserves.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial'] [/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']Cheers[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Arial']fredy[/FONT]

What a nice bicycle!

Welcome the forum I am sure you will be an inspirational influence to the rest of us. Cycling has provided me with challenge, struggle, effort, meaning, and pure joy. I am sure cycling will give you what you need from it as well.