New Members Not Allowed To Post

Crankyfeet

Jun 5, 2007
Bro Deal brought to our attention a couple of months ago that he tried to open a new membership here and the membership wasn't allowed posting privileges. He says he has seen a spam poster who has joined in May make a post... but I haven't seen anyone post beyond a March 25th, 2008, joining date.

I have tried to PM the owner to get a response... but I haven't had a response (or a PM receipt) since last Christmas.

I don't believe new members are being allowed to post. I have tracked the new memberships down the bottom of the main page... and as yet... none of them have made the member list (only members who have at least one post make the list).

So what gives? Any ideas? Is the site just going to slowly die without new member influx? I imagine the equipment and new bike buying forums are noticeably quieter.

Can you let us know your plans for the site... Steve?

Is anyone able to contact Steve, the owner?

Maybe those members who have not been allowed to join could voice their protest by repeatedly clicking on this thread and causing the thread "views" number to inflate abnormally.

Check out "dreamath" in the "selling...Cervelo" thread. Joined May, 2008. 27 spam posts. He is now banned.

I don't think the mods have the ability to ban a member, so the owner must have done some maintenance of the site. Yet he seems to ignore everything else.

This site is ****ed if no one can join and post.

Bro Deal said:
Check out "dreamath" in the "selling...Cervelo" thread. Joined May, 2008. 27 spam posts. He is now banned.

I don't think the mods have the ability to ban a member, so the owner must have done some maintenance of the site. Yet he seems to ignore everything else.

This site is ****ed if no one can join and post.
Weird. Nobody is given posting privileges but a spammer is granted permission to post and allowed to spam for 9 days before being banned.

Steve was logged on, on June 7th, 8:40am GMT. I sent him a PM... but he has ignored it.

Crankyfeet said:
Weird. Nobody is given posting privileges but a spammer is granted permission to post and allowed to spam for 9 days before being banned.

Steve was logged on, on June 7th, 8:40am GMT. I sent him a PM... but he has ignored it.
he was logged on earlier today, actually...

Looks like there's only been 4 members who've joined since March 25th who've been allowed to post. They have all been spammers. dreamath, lmno609, sneakersupplier, and ipodfansmail. There's been about 4,700 members who've joined since the start of April and only 4 spammers have been allowed to post.

The forums that are suffering the most seem to be the Equipment forum and the Bike Cafe. These forums relied on a lot of new member threads/questions.

The GT forum suffered a bit during the TdF. That's when a lot of new members would usually join in the discussion.

This forum also needs more crossdressers besides me! OK Crankyfeet, you can join in! Do you look pretty as me in a skirt suit?