New Mountain Bike Park

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scott, Sep 28, 2004.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    It is almost done... an indoor MTB park! I can tell you first hand that it
    is going to ROCK especailly this winter!

    http://www.raysmtb.com/

    Tags:

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > It is almost done... an indoor MTB park! I can tell you first hand that it
    > is going to ROCK especailly this winter!
    >
    > http://www.raysmtb.com/

    Yeh, but it's in Cleveland :p. Of all places, why choose the poorest
    city in America?

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (went to college in Athens, OH)o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:45:49 GMT, Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It is almost done... an indoor MTB park! I can tell you first hand that
    > it
    > is going to ROCK especailly this winter!
    >
    > http://www.raysmtb.com/

    Let me beat JD to the punch:

    "MTB" and "Indoors" = oxymoron

    --
    Slacker

  4. Scott

    Scott Guest

    >Let me beat JD to the punch:
    >"MTB" and "Indoors" = oxymoron

    Well up here we gotta live with the reality that there are no mountains near
    us and long winters.

    Hey I am happy to be able to hit drops and jumps in a nice warm "indoor"
    park while it is snowing "outside"....

  5. Scott

    Scott Guest

    "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Yeh, but it's in Cleveland :p. Of all places, why choose the poorest
    > city in America?

    Too poor to move out?

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:00:39 GMT, Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> Let me beat JD to the punch:
    >> "MTB" and "Indoors" = oxymoron

    > Well up here we gotta live with the reality that there are no mountains
    > near
    > us and long winters.
    >
    > Hey I am happy to be able to hit drops and jumps in a nice warm "indoor"
    > park while it is snowing "outside"....

    No pictures or diagrams of the place?

    --
    Slacker

  7. "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > It is almost done... an indoor MTB park! I can tell you first hand that

    it
    > is going to ROCK especailly this winter!
    >
    > http://www.raysmtb.com/

    I like it, a skatepark for MTB's. Could get real busy though and unless the
    set-up is changed frequently I imagine it would get a bit stale.

    Steve.

  8. >
    >Yeh, but it's in Cleveland :p. Of all places, why choose the poorest
    >city in America?

    Because it's also one of the worst metro areas in the country in terms of
    accessible, legal singletrack.

    -Andrew "On his fifth house - all within riding distance of good
    singletrack. And who doubts he could ever be convinced to move to Cleveland"
    Thorne

  9. JD

    JD Guest

    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Slacker" <[email protected]net> wrote in message
    > >Let me beat JD to the punch:
    > >"MTB" and "Indoors" = oxymoron

    > Well up here we gotta live with the reality that there are no mountains near
    > us and long winters.

    Mountain bikes can be ridden in the snow.

    > Hey I am happy to be able to hit drops and jumps in a nice warm "indoor"
    > park while it is snowing "outside"....

    That's not mountain biking.

    JD

  10. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    JD wrote:
    > "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Let me beat JD to the punch:
    >>>"MTB" and "Indoors" = oxymoron

    >>Well up here we gotta live with the reality that there are no mountains near
    >>us and long winters.

    > Mountain bikes can be ridden in the snow.
    >

    >>Hey I am happy to be able to hit drops and jumps in a nice warm "indoor"
    >>park while it is snowing "outside"....

    > That's not mountain biking.
    >
    > JD

    Hmm... I'd have to agree with this. After all, the word "mountain" does
    conjur up being outdoors.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  11. "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > JD wrote:
    > > "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...

    > >>Well up here we gotta live with the reality that there are no mountains

    near
    > >>us and long winters.

    > > Mountain bikes can be ridden in the snow.
    > >

    > >>Hey I am happy to be able to hit drops and jumps in a nice warm "indoor"
    > >>park while it is snowing "outside"....

    > > That's not mountain biking.
    > >
    > > JD

    > Hmm... I'd have to agree with this. After all, the word "mountain" does
    > conjur up being outdoors.

    ??? Who gives a fuck he'd be using his bike in a designated area in an
    attempt to reduce damage to sensitive trails. Some people have to use turbo
    trainers during winter you're not telling me thats better.

    Steve.

  12. spademan o---[) * wrote:
    > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> JD wrote:
    >>> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<[email protected]>...

    >>> Mountain bikes can be ridden in the snow.

    >>> That's not mountain biking.
    >>>
    >>> JD

    >> Hmm... I'd have to agree with this. After all, the word "mountain"
    >> does conjur up being outdoors.

    > ??? Who gives a fuck he'd be using his bike in a designated area in an
    > attempt to reduce damage to sensitive trails. Some people have to use
    > turbo trainers during winter you're not telling me thats better.
    >
    > Steve.

    Ah, the distinction lies in that it's a "mountain bike park" where mountain
    bikes can ride "park-style." So REALLY, it's not mountain biking, kinda
    like how many people take their mountain bikes for "road riding."
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  13. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > It is almost done... an indoor MTB park! I can tell you first hand
    > that it is going to ROCK especailly this winter!
    >
    > http://www.raysmtb.com/

    Rock - no. Cement - maybe. ;)

  14. scott

    scott Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Scott wrote:
    >> It is almost done... an indoor MTB park! I can tell you first hand
    >> that it is going to ROCK especailly this winter!
    >>
    >> http://www.raysmtb.com/

    > Rock - no. Cement - maybe. ;)

    Rock as in "these go to eleven".

  15. Raysmtb

    Raysmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2004
    Hey Slacker, thanks for being so open minded. We all love to ride here in cleveland as much as you do. I'm given up an entire summer of riding to try something new for our cycling community. Think of us in our shorts,riding, hanging out and designing new stunts when your freezing you ass off this winter. Open the mind up a little dude. Ray

  16. Raysmtb wrote:
    > Hey Slacker, thanks for being so open minded. We all love to ride here
    > in cleveland as much as you do. I'm given up an entire summer of
    > riding
    > to try something new for our cycling community. Think of us in our
    > shorts,riding, hanging out and designing new stunts when your freezing
    > you ass off this winter. Open the mind up a little dude. Ray Slacker
    > Wrote:

    Who's Ray Slacker and why can't he post coherently?

    Bill "preparing for another brutal SoCal winter" S.

  17. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Raysmtb wrote:
    > Hey Slacker, thanks for being so open minded. We all love to ride here
    > in cleveland as much as you do. I'm given up an entire summer of riding
    > to try something new for our cycling community. Think of us in our
    > shorts,riding, hanging out and designing new stunts when your freezing
    > you ass off this winter. Open the mind up a little dude. Ray Slacker Wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:45:49 GMT, Scott <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>>It is almost done... an indoor MTB park! I can tell you first hand

    >>that
    >>
    >>>it
    >>>is going to ROCK especailly this winter!
    >>>
    >>>http://www.raysmtb.com/
    >>>

    >>Let me beat JD to the punch:
    >>
    >>"MTB" and "Indoors" = oxymoron
    >>
    >>--
    >>Slacker

    What's the ceiling height in that warehouse? Looks awfully low in the
    pics. What are you going to do in the summer, shut down? I guess with
    all the businesses leaving the land of cleavage, warehouse space is dirt
    cheap. I'd love to see the business plan for this thing. I've tried
    rolling the numbers in my head and I just can't see how it will work.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  18. bri719

    bri719 Guest

    B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:

    >Who's Ray Slacker and why can't he post coherently?
    >
    >Bill "preparing for another brutal SoCal winter" S.

    hahaha :) I'm just waiting to be able to snowboard, myself. but
    luckily I know ways to pass the time (on two wheels, at the beach, etc.)

    bri

    --

    * enjoying the karma *
    remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

  19. JD

    JD Guest

    "spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > JD wrote:
    > > > "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:<[email protected]>...

    > near
    > > >

    > > > Mountain bikes can be ridden in the snow.

    > > > That's not mountain biking.
    > > >
    > > > JD

    > > Hmm... I'd have to agree with this. After all, the word "mountain" does
    > > conjur up being outdoors.

    > ??? Who gives a fuck he'd be using his bike in a designated area in an
    > attempt to reduce damage to sensitive trails. Some people have to use turbo
    > trainers during winter you're not telling me thats better.
    >
    > Steve.

    When was the last time you rode in Cleveland?

    JD

  20. JD

    JD Guest

    Raysmtb <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hey Slacker, thanks for being so open minded. We all love to ride here
    > in cleveland as much as you do. I'm given up an entire summer of riding
    > to try something new for our cycling community. Think of us in our
    > shorts,riding, hanging out and designing new stunts when your freezing
    > you ass off this winter. Open the mind up a little dude. Ray

    What do "stunts" have to do with mountain biking? What does the
    indoors have to do with mountain biking? If you can't handle the
    outdoors in Cleveland in Winter, move, but don't call this crap
    "mountain biking". BTW, Slacker will not be freezing his ass off in
    Winter because he's in Los Angeles. You get an "F" in homework, Ray.

    JD