New Nike/Lance Commercials

jedblack

Sep 16, 2003
Ive only seen them in bars when there is 4 million ppl in my view and the sound on the TV is turned off. so... does anyone know where i can view/download the the new lance/nike commercials... especially the one of him riding through town and what seems to be a little kid following him....that looks HILARIOUS!!!!

thanks all

jed-

Originally posted by jedblack
Ive only seen them in bars when there is 4 million ppl in my view and the sound on the TV is turned off. so... does anyone know where i can view/download the the new lance/nike commercials... especially the one of him riding through town and what seems to be a little kid following him....that looks HILARIOUS!!!!

thanks all

jed-

It's a beautiful commercial. Download link at lancearmstrong.com

I've seen the one where he is biking past a whole bunch of places: hills, city, hospital, etc.

If ever a commercial, even one for Nike, could remind one of why cycling is pure joy, this is it. It is a wonderful thing.

Originally posted by tcklyde
I've seen the one where he is biking past a whole bunch of places: hills, city, hospital, etc.

If ever a commercial, even one for Nike, could remind one of why cycling is pure joy, this is it. It is a wonderful thing.

Yes, there is no doubt about it, it is a beautiful commerical...no, not so much a commerical as a statement of art.

Absolutely. I've been asked before by friends who arent cyclists, after I relate some feat of riding, "why?" Can without a doubt simply point to that commercial for an answer. Pure joy indeed.

I don't think its reached the other side of the pond yet, but I followed a link to it.

I think its great, they've done for cycling what those idealised car adverts do for motoring.

And to finish off I ended up giving a $50 donation to the LAF, which will probably cost me a small fortune by the time the CC company add their costs to convert to sterling, but what the hey!

Now I must get out on my bike, I feel inspired!

Steve D

thanks all

jed-

Ive only seen them in bars when there is 4 million ppl in my view and the sound on the TV is turned off.

I see that many others have already provided the URL...

I just had to say that I found the commercial not only visually stunning, but emotional, philosophic, and inspiring on so many levels one could literally write a book on the subject...

My wife (who is an accomplished guitarist and was mesmerized by the music) was quite literally moved to tears twice. First when Lance passes the hospital and gives the only visible break in his concentration, a fist in the air to show the children the bond he has with them, and then again right at the very end, when the young boy wearing a football helmet closes to within a wheel of him. My wife and I have far too few quiet talks about things, but we must have talked about that one part of the commercial for about 30 minutes, agreeing finally, that whatever the image meant to anyone, to us it was Lance seeing himself as a young boy and seeing the determination and drive at the beginning, when he glances back at himself its both a reminiscence of the past, and a marker toward the future and the journey still left ahead (which is why we think he looked forward again so quickly)

I have seen the commercial once in a pub (The Englander) and just by a weird coincidence, that one flat screen LCD monitor had its volume louder than the rest (the person tending bar was fiddling with it and trying to make adjustments and I think unknowingly turned the volume up: When it came on you just heard the guitar first, and then the music slowly building, and I swear, Every pair of eyes in that bar moved to that one screen, even the waitresses and waiters stopped while holding their pitchers of beer and stared up at that screen, and the bar became significantly quieter for that 30-40 seconds...

I was sitting at a table with my wife near the back so I had a wide angle view... I was thinking while watching the scene, "what a perfect shot to be in the commercial" all the other screens with various other sporting events would be in freeze frame while the commercial was the only thing moving as you saw all the people in the bar, silent, watching it mesmerized...

I don't usually get caught up in adverts, but something about this one felt like it was more than just hype...

Have a good one all!

Feanor

Not many commercials move me, but Lance's Nike commercial is very awe inspiring. It's not gonna make me buy more Nike products, although it makes me want to ride my bike more! :)

Been looking on the net for a couple days and FINALLY found it!
Click here to view Enjoy!

(right click "save target as" if you want to keep it...big file at 10MB)

Go to nikecycling.com then go to riders then Lance Armstrong then at the bottom right there's the ad, it excellent

I got the theme song down in my head and when I ride...I imagine the same thing and it gives me a rthym to pedal.

It's truely a nice cycling commercial...very relaxing and flowing.

:) :)

Originally posted by Rudy
I got the theme song down in my head and when I ride...I imagine the same thing and it gives me a rthym to pedal.

It's truely a nice cycling commercial...very relaxing and flowing.

:) :)

Too true....