new obree hour attempt

Dave

Guest
I heard that Obree is planning an attempt at Boardman's last
(standard bike) hour record. Anyone know any details?

Dave

Sure something was mentioned in his Autobiog...

for sure if he attempts it I would Like to be
there,,,,,,,,,,

he is a real Man and deserves RESPECT......... after racin
against him .well if you call it a race..

the guy put 5 mins into me...

He has sucked up to nobody, he has suffered and he is an
everyday guy I was lucky enough t speak with him at a few
rides although very shy he has time and respect for anyone

IS THATS SMITHY OUT BEAUVALE ??

D@vo

the bigger the ring the more it huts

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:06s4c.5691$2s5.1548@news-
binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I heard that Obree is planning an attempt at Boardman's
> last (standard
bike)
> hour record. Anyone know any details?
>
> Dave

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> > I heard that Obree is planning an attempt at Boardman's
> > last (standard
> bike)
> > hour record. Anyone know any details?

Graeme is planning a practise run at the Manchester
Velodrome on Sunday April 4th (in the evening). He reckons
if he can average 48 or 49kph for 40 minutes he will make a
full attempt within 6 weeks. He aims to use 60x12 gearing.

Obree appears to be in good form, 3 weeks ago he clocked a
21-14 for a 10 while shod in warm training clothing.

--
Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:32:59 -0000, MSA <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Graeme is planning a practise run at the Manchester
>Velodrome on Sunday April 4th (in the evening). He reckons
>if he can average 48 or 49kph for 40 minutes he will make a
>full attempt within 6 weeks. He aims to use 60x12 gearing.
>
>Obree appears to be in good form, 3 weeks ago he clocked a
>21-14 for a 10 while shod in warm training clothing.

If he makes the full attempt I would definitely like to be
there to help shout him on. I think the chances of his
succeeding are remote, but what a thing to be there if he
pulls it off. URC expedition?

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -
Mark Twain