new obree hour attempt

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I heard that Obree is planning an attempt at Boardman's last
    (standard bike) hour record. Anyone know any details?

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. Davo

    Davo Guest

    Sure something was mentioned in his Autobiog...

    for sure if he attempts it I would Like to be
    there,,,,,,,,,,

    he is a real Man and deserves RESPECT......... after racin
    against him .well if you call it a race..

    the guy put 5 mins into me...

    He has sucked up to nobody, he has suffered and he is an
    everyday guy I was lucky enough t speak with him at a few
    rides although very shy he has time and respect for anyone

    IS THATS SMITHY OUT BEAUVALE ??

    [email protected]

    the bigger the ring the more it huts

    "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > I heard that Obree is planning an attempt at Boardman's
    > last (standard
    bike)
    > hour record. Anyone know any details?
    >
    > Dave

  3. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    > I heard that Obree is planning an attempt at Boardman's
    > last (standard
    bike)
    > hour record. Anyone know any details?

    No, but let's all wish him the very best!

    --
    Regards, Pete

  4. Msa

    Msa Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > > I heard that Obree is planning an attempt at Boardman's
    > > last (standard
    > bike)
    > > hour record. Anyone know any details?

    Graeme is planning a practise run at the Manchester
    Velodrome on Sunday April 4th (in the evening). He reckons
    if he can average 48 or 49kph for 40 minutes he will make a
    full attempt within 6 weeks. He aims to use 60x12 gearing.

    Obree appears to be in good form, 3 weeks ago he clocked a
    21-14 for a 10 while shod in warm training clothing.

    --
    Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
    volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during

  5. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:32:59 -0000, MSA <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Graeme is planning a practise run at the Manchester
    >Velodrome on Sunday April 4th (in the evening). He reckons
    >if he can average 48 or 49kph for 40 minutes he will make a
    >full attempt within 6 weeks. He aims to use 60x12 gearing.
    >
    >Obree appears to be in good form, 3 weeks ago he clocked a
    >21-14 for a 10 while shod in warm training clothing.

    If he makes the full attempt I would definitely like to be
    there to help shout him on. I think the chances of his
    succeeding are remote, but what a thing to be there if he
    pulls it off. URC expedition?

    --
    Dave...

    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. -
    Mark Twain