New Old Stock-where to find Ultegra 9-speed gruppo?

Meek One

May 5, 2004
I am interested in buying a quality gruppo, but don't want to pay the premium for the latest, greatest for my road bike build-up. Where I can find a significantly reduced price 9-speed Ultegra gruppo (6500?)? I would also consider 9-speed 105 or 9-speed DA if the price was right. Thanks. :)

I just built a bike with some Ultegra 9 speed (6500) bits, Shimano have most of it in stock.

If you are looking for "gruppo", that's Campag, not Shimano. :eek:

gclark8 said:
I just built a bike with some Ultegra 9 speed (6500) bits, Shimano have most of it in stock.

If you are looking for "gruppo", that's Campag, not Shimano. :eek:

I think you misunderstood me, I am looking to pay substantially less than the original MSRP. That said i am sure someone/somewhere knows a shop that has a ridiculously low price tag on it. Or at least I hope so :)

Sorry, I didn't know the Japanese translation of the Italian word "gruppo". ;)

Meek One said:
I think you misunderstood me, I am looking to pay substantially less than the original MSRP. That said i am sure someone/somewhere knows a shop that has a ridiculously low price tag on it. Or at least I hope so :)

Sorry, I didn't know the Japanese translation of the Italian word "gruppo". ;)
Domo arigato Mr. Gruppoto!

http://www.nashbar.com/results.cfm?storetype=estore&estoreid=524&browse=all&WT.ac=524

$120 for 9-speed 105 shifters. Not bad. Ebay may have some NOS items as well.

Meek One said:
I am interested in buying a quality gruppo, but don't want to pay the premium for the latest, greatest for my road bike build-up. Where I can find a significantly reduced price 9-speed Ultegra gruppo (6500?)? I would also consider 9-speed 105 or 9-speed DA if the price was right. Thanks. :)
What??? Is e-bay a nasty word around here? You can get 2005 ultegra 10SPEED stuff freaking cheap...oh yeah, brand new in box too. <jeeze>

Check out e-bay. If you need help just say so and I will point you to the correct sellers

J

Meek One said:

Lots of 9s shimano stuff is available from most online suppliers, but usually have to buy piecemeal rather than as prepackaged groupset.

Try Speedgoat.com

As was mentioned, I also agree with taking a look at ebay for 9s stuff. There is plenty of new stuff on their if you don't trust used.

Thank you.

Please PM me if you have any of the various components I am searching for. :)

FWIW I'd like to run a double, no need for a triple.