New Olympic Flag

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Aug 10, 2004.

  1. For the first Olympiad of the 21st Century, especially as it's being held in
    the HomeLand, Davey figured they oughta have a new flag.

    ``Tread the Paths that Socrates Trod'';
    ``Bathe in Homer's Wine-Dark Sea''

    and all that jazz.

    So Davey sent Rogge what any Olympian ought to be proud to rally around.

    But to make it interesting, there's a little music.

    Who is singing shouldn't be a problem; nor should the aria.

    So to add a little twist to it, where and what year was that particular
    recording made?

    HINT: Milan, Teatro della Scala, 1953? Noperz. Nice try.

    I'll give a small prize to anyone coming up with the correct answer

    Use the Comments link on the site.

    http://members.rogers.com/davey_crockett/flag.html

    --
    le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
    Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
     
    Tags:


  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Nice flag!

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com...
    > For the first Olympiad of the 21st Century, especially as it's being held

    in
    > the HomeLand, Davey figured they oughta have a new flag.
    >
    > ``Tread the Paths that Socrates Trod'';
    > ``Bathe in Homer's Wine-Dark Sea''
    >
    > and all that jazz.
    >
    > So Davey sent Rogge what any Olympian ought to be proud to rally around.
    >
    > But to make it interesting, there's a little music.
    >
    > Who is singing shouldn't be a problem; nor should the aria.
    >
    > So to add a little twist to it, where and what year was that particular
    > recording made?
    >
    > HINT: Milan, Teatro della Scala, 1953? Noperz. Nice try.
    >
    > I'll give a small prize to anyone coming up with the correct answer
    >
    > Use the Comments link on the site.
    >
    > http://members.rogers.com/davey_crockett/flag.html
    >
    > --
    > le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
    > Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
     
  3. Don't the Greeks use that quaint, pre-Latin language called Greek?
     
  4. Colin Campbell <[email protected]> writes:

    > Don't the Greeks use that quaint, pre-Latin language called Greek?
    >


    Yes, I considered that. But de Coubertin used Latin, and Davey, whilst he still
    retains a smattering of Greek from his skule dayz, is (a) stuggling with a
    version of GIMP that is badly borked text-wise; and (b) figured that nobody
    would savvy the text if he used Grik anyway, but figured most might be able to
    make a rough translation of the Latin.

    --
    le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
    Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
     
  5. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Colin Campbell wrote:
    >> Don't the Greeks use that quaint, pre-Latin language called Greek?


    Davey_Crockett wrote:
    > Yes, I considered that. But de Coubertin used Latin, and Davey, whilst he still
    > retains a smattering of Greek from his skule dayz, is (a) stuggling with a
    > version of GIMP that is badly borked text-wise; and (b) figured that nobody
    > would savvy the text if he used Grik anyway, but figured most might be able to
    > make a rough translation of the Latin.


    Davey appears to have had a remarkably wide ranging if somewhat
    classical education for rough American frontiersman. Surely he didn't get
    sent to a English public school ?
     
  6. Donald Munro <[email protected]> writes:

    > Colin Campbell wrote:
    > >> Don't the Greeks use that quaint, pre-Latin language called Greek?

    >
    > Davey_Crockett wrote:
    > > Yes, I considered that. But de Coubertin used Latin, and Davey, whilst he still
    > > retains a smattering of Greek from his skule dayz, is (a) stuggling with a
    > > version of GIMP that is badly borked text-wise; and (b) figured that nobody
    > > would savvy the text if he used Grik anyway, but figured most might be able to
    > > make a rough translation of the Latin.

    >
    > Davey appears to have had a remarkably wide ranging if somewhat
    > classical education for rough American frontiersman. Surely he didn't get
    > sent to a English public school ?
    >


    Hey ole Davey wasn't no Wanker either. He could think.

    Read his monograph:

    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/4484/crockett.htm

    --
    le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
    Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
     
  7. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

  8. OT Did you not post a picture of a woman with her frontage painted ? This
    was not the puppy dog one but another with eyes on her boobs. If that was
    you, please post the link again.

    Thanx
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com...
    > Donald Munro <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > > Colin Campbell wrote:
    > > >> Don't the Greeks use that quaint, pre-Latin language called Greek?

    > >
    > > Davey_Crockett wrote:
    > > > Yes, I considered that. But de Coubertin used Latin, and Davey, whilst

    he still
    > > > retains a smattering of Greek from his skule dayz, is (a) stuggling

    with a
    > > > version of GIMP that is badly borked text-wise; and (b) figured that

    nobody
    > > > would savvy the text if he used Grik anyway, but figured most might be

    able to
    > > > make a rough translation of the Latin.

    > >
    > > Davey appears to have had a remarkably wide ranging if somewhat
    > > classical education for rough American frontiersman. Surely he didn't

    get
    > > sent to a English public school ?
    > >

    >
    > Hey ole Davey wasn't no Wanker either. He could think.
    >
    > Read his monograph:
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/4484/crockett.htm
    >
    > --
    > le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
    > Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
     
  9. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Holden Caufield <[email protected]> wrote:
    > OT Did you not post a picture of a woman with her frontage painted ? This
    > was not the puppy dog one but another with eyes on her boobs. If that was
    > you, please post the link again.


    heather? Is that you?

    If you'd like a porn link, how about this one:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/22198722

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]
     
Loading...
Loading...