New Orleans

Hadn't checked the news in a while when I wrote that last post.
Martial law was declared a few hours ago.

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:34:55 -0700, h squared
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>well, now we know- if pennsylvania wasn't such an ass backward
>>religously fanatical shithole, who knows how many earthquakes and floods
>>it would be experiencing now???
>>
>>you're welcome,

> Guess the Johnstown flood took care of all the sinners.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Atlantis must have been a hell of a good time.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:44:20 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:34:55 -0700, h squared
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>well, now we know- if pennsylvania wasn't such an ass backward
>>>religously fanatical shithole, who knows how many earthquakes and floods
>>>it would be experiencing now???
>>>
>>>you're welcome,

>> Guess the Johnstown flood took care of all the sinners.
>>
>> Curtis L. Russell
>> Odenton, MD (USA)
>> Just someone on two wheels...

>Atlantis must have been a hell of a good time.

Sinners seem to be a remarkably resilient bunch, considering all that
has been arrayed against them. OTOH, they usually manage to be in the
majority, so maybe its just sheer numbers.

So - if God really existed and he or she or it really killed off all
the sinners, how long before the human race petered out altogether?
I'm assuming bike racing would be pretty much over and done with the
first sweep...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

[email protected] wrote:
> At the risk of being crass...is anyone really surprised this happened.
>
> Leviticus fortells the fate of the wicked. If you are going to have
> your French Quarter and your San Francisco then you'll have your floods
> and earthquakes.

**** and that whole American football/pigskin on Sundays issue is really gonna
hit home one day too...

--
IT Management. Tel: +64 3 479 5478
Web and database hosting, Co-location. Web: http://www.wic.co.nz

Talk about a sicko. You are tops in that class.

Ken

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> So - if God really existed and he or she or it really killed off all
> the sinners, how long before the human race petered out altogether?

I don't know, but apparently Sweden goes first.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:38:35 GMT, "IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Talk about a sicko. You are tops in that class.
>
>Ken
><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> At the risk of being crass...is anyone really surprised this happened.
>>
>> Leviticus fortells the fate of the wicked. If you are going to have
>> your French Quarter and your San Francisco then you'll have your floods
>> and earthquakes.

They're now saying it is the worst devastation, especially long-term,
of any hurricane in U.S. history, with much if not most of New Orleans
uninhabitale for a month or more and some electricity not to be
restored for almost two months. Perhaps I'm having a mental lapse, but
what would come even close to a hurricane? Have any blizzards or
earthquakes come close? Would seem to make this the worst natural
disaster in the U.S. ever.

Certainly puts the destruction of our wall-to-wall carpet by the
Scotties in perspective...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:38:35 GMT, "IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Talk about a sicko. You are tops in that class.
>>
>>Ken
>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>At the risk of being crass...is anyone really surprised this happened.
>>>
>>>Leviticus fortells the fate of the wicked. If you are going to have
>>>your French Quarter and your San Francisco then you'll have your floods
>>>and earthquakes.
>>>

> They're now saying it is the worst devastation, especially long-term,
> of any hurricane in U.S. history, with much if not most of New Orleans
> uninhabitale for a month or more and some electricity not to be
> restored for almost two months. Perhaps I'm having a mental lapse, but
> what would come even close to a hurricane? Have any blizzards or
> earthquakes come close? Would seem to make this the worst natural
> disaster in the U.S. ever.
>
> Certainly puts the destruction of our wall-to-wall carpet by the
> Scotties in perspective...
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Well, in gross numbers of dead, I don't know. I suppose the San Fran
earthquake of 1906 must be comparable in terms of destruction.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

The main levy is supposedly breeched. If that is the case it will take
a week for the Mississippi flow to slow enough to get to work closing
it. Then it will be another two days to repair the breech minimum. Then
it will take 2 months to pump the water down to the point where MOST of
the homes are out of the water far enough to dry out.

New Orleans has been waiting for this for decades. They could have been
building the town up but instead they've been pretending that it's
God's duty to protect them.

Are you ready to pay for their sloth?

Look, I'm as sorry as anyone that New Orleans has taken the brunt of
the Hurricane. But this has been coming for 350 years. Pretending that
this was an act of God sure as hell isn't going to change things for
them now.

" I have at least 15 friends who have lost their homes in New Orleans."

Yeah, everyone here believes that you have friends.

Curtis L. Russell says...

>Sinners seem to be a remarkably resilient bunch, considering all that
>has been arrayed against them. OTOH, they usually manage to be in the
>majority, so maybe its just sheer numbers.

Is it a sin to dope?

---------------------------

Thanks for the laugh, Heather. Good thing I peed before reading your post.

Tom Kunich says...

>Heather, will you marry me?

Tom won't last long, so check out his assets. If nothing else, you'll get a ton
of bikes and parts.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:07:14 -0400, Curtis L. Russell
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:38:35 GMT, "IMKen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Talk about a sicko. You are tops in that class.
>>
>>Ken
>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> At the risk of being crass...is anyone really surprised this happened.
>>>
>>> Leviticus fortells the fate of the wicked. If you are going to have
>>> your French Quarter and your San Francisco then you'll have your floods
>>> and earthquakes.
>>>

>They're now saying it is the worst devastation, especially long-term,
>of any hurricane in U.S. history, with much if not most of New Orleans
>uninhabitale for a month or more and some electricity not to be
>restored for almost two months.

I haven't checked the news today, but bet it will be up and running sooner
than that with pockets of isolation that will be down for a month. Anything
over two weeks and it's -really- hard to recover; individuals, that is.
Anything over three weeks and I -think- the mortality rate really climbs,
iirc. Anyone know?

:-(

-jet

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

> They're now saying it is the worst devastation, especially long-term,
> of any hurricane in U.S. history, with much if not most of New Orleans
> uninhabitale for a month or more and some electricity not to be
> restored for almost two months. Perhaps I'm having a mental lapse, but
> what would come even close to a hurricane? Have any blizzards or
> earthquakes come close? Would seem to make this the worst natural
> disaster in the U.S. ever.

The 1900 hurricane that struck Galveston killed 6000.
http://www.noaa.gov/galveston1900/

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:44:20 GMT, "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> Guess the Johnstown flood took care of all the sinners.
>>>
>>> Curtis L. Russell
>>> Odenton, MD (USA)
>>> Just someone on two wheels...

>>Atlantis must have been a hell of a good time.
>>

> Sinners seem to be a remarkably resilient bunch, considering all that
> has been arrayed against them. OTOH, they usually manage to be in the
> majority, so maybe its just sheer numbers.
>
> So - if God really existed and he or she or it really killed off all
> the sinners, how long before the human race petered out altogether?

Nice pun. We should look to the Shakes for the answer.

> I'm assuming bike racing would be pretty much over and done with the
> first sweep...
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

"Mad Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich says...
>
>>Heather, will you marry me?

> Tom won't last long, so check out his assets. If nothing else, you'll get
> a ton
> of bikes and parts.

But no helmets.

On 30 Aug 2005 15:03:44 -0700, Mad Dog <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Sinners seem to be a remarkably resilient bunch, considering all that
>>has been arrayed against them. OTOH, they usually manage to be in the
>>majority, so maybe its just sheer numbers.

>Is it a sin to dope?

Far be it for me to cast the first stone at any sinners. On the very
off chance I'm not one of them, they would easily outnumber me.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

In article <[email protected]>, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> > So - if God really existed and he or she or it really killed off all
> > the sinners, how long before the human race petered out altogether?

> I don't know, but apparently Sweden goes first.

RAmen.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Mad Dog wrote:
> Curtis L. Russell says...
>

>>Sinners seem to be a remarkably resilient bunch, considering all that
>>has been arrayed against them. OTOH, they usually manage to be in the
>>majority, so maybe its just sheer numbers.

> Is it a sin to dope?

> Thanks for the laugh, Heather. Good thing I peed before reading your post.

Since the post before Heather's was from Curtis, I can understand why.