New overboots wrong size, doh!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DaveB, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Picked up some new leg warmers from Uno today and got home to find my
    waterproof booties had arrived from DeanJones (only $25 at the moment).
    was very excited to have two new purchases in one day but found the
    booties won't fit over my MTB shoes. The booties are size 44/45 and my
    MTB shoes are 44, but there is no way they goiing to fit over the top.
    Will give Dean Woods a call tomorrow but was wondering, seeing I've
    never owned road shoes whether MTB shoes are too fat for booties over
    the top??

    DaveB "almost ready for sub-zero temperatures"
     
    Tags:


  2. Marty

    Marty Guest

    DaveB wrote:
    > Picked up some new leg warmers from Uno today and got home to find my
    > waterproof booties had arrived from DeanJones (only $25 at the moment).
    > was very excited to have two new purchases in one day but found the
    > booties won't fit over my MTB shoes. The booties are size 44/45 and my
    > MTB shoes are 44, but there is no way they goiing to fit over the top.
    > Will give Dean Woods a call tomorrow but was wondering, seeing I've
    > never owned road shoes whether MTB shoes are too fat for booties over
    > the top??
    >
    > DaveB "almost ready for sub-zero temperatures"


    I got some Azumi shoe covers, large size, and they are a real struggle
    to get over my road shoes. There's no way they'd fit over my mountain
    bike shoes. How do they size these things?

    It was minus 0.6 this morning, only 5 degrees at 9am. I didn't ride :(


    Marty
     
  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Likes Received:
    0
    this is a pretty common complaint about overshoes. i went thru the same scenario last winter.

    i found 2 works arounds.

    1 - put overshoe half on whilst shoe is off foot and then roll remainder on after foot is in. can still be a struggle. with my screwed shoulder it was 'extra fun' convincing 'non-morning-wife' that she had to help me do so :rolleyes:
    ("not the rubber again!")
    2- buy biggest available. Let's talk. If the size you got aint the biggest i could do with another so can try out your current ones and order in some bigger ones and we can swap, or something.

    PS "DeanJones" ???
     
  4. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > DaveB Wrote:


    >
    > PS "DeanJones" ???
    >
    >


    ROFLMAO. I can't believe I said Dean Jones.

    DaveB "all Deans are created equal"
     
  5. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > DaveB Wrote:


    >
    > PS "DeanJones" ???
    >
    >


    ROFLMAO. I can't believe I said Dean Jones.

    DaveB "all Deans are created equal"
     
  6. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > DaveB Wrote:


    >
    > PS "DeanJones" ???
    >
    >


    ROFLMAO. I can't believe I said Dean Jones.

    DaveB "all Deans are created equal"
     
  7. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Likes Received:
    0
    I wear size 45 MTB shoes for commuting. BBB size 45/46 booties fit well. I have a pair of Hardware booties and a pair of Waterflex booties. The Waterflex stretch more than the others and are, if anything, a little big. :rolleyes:

    SteveA
     
  8. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > 2- buy biggest available. Let's talk. If the size you got aint the
    > biggest i could do with another so can try out your current ones and
    > order in some bigger ones and we can swap, or something.
    >
    > PS "DeanJones" ???
    >
    >


    Bugger, got a response from Dean Woods (but still nothing from Dean
    Jones ;) ). They have booties for MTB shoes but they are $45. Crap so
    much for the $25 special that I could almost justify.

    Dutch, DW will exchange the ones I have for the others (plus I pay the
    extra of course). But if you want the 44/45 ones I have they're yours
    for $20 (you don't have to pay the $7 postage and I'll drop $5 because I
    won't have to pay $5 to send them back). Otherwise no drama, I'll just
    send them back for the exchange.

    DaveB "glad mfhor isn't about to point out the foibles of Internet
    purchases"
     
  9. suzyj

    suzyj New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    0
    DaveB wrote:

    > DaveB "glad mfhor isn't about to point out the foibles of Internet
    > purchases"

    Here's a non foible :) You get what you fsking ask for, not what some bike shop employee wants to sell you.

    Cheers,

    Suzy (not terribly happy with bike shops at the mo)
     
  10. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Likes Received:
    0
    whatever happened to the 'lube-man'? :rolleyes:

    hmm. m shoes are 45 so it might work, oh hang on, you said your shoes are a 44 so... that's not gonna work is it? bugger!

    Im thinkin i might just stitch in some velcro into the backs of mine for easier on-off...
     
  11. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    >
    > whatever happened to the 'lube-man'? :rolleyes:
    >


    I reckon his gig on the GVBR did him in.

    > hmm. m shoes are 45 so it might work, oh hang on, you said your shoes
    > are a 44 so... that's not gonna work is it? bugger!


    Nope you definitely don't want anything too small, I'll send em back.

    >
    > Im thinkin i might just stitch in some velcro into the backs of mine
    > for easier on-off...
    >


    that's what these ones have and looks like it would work well if they
    could fit over the shoe.

    DaveB
     
  12. suzyj

    suzyj New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dutchy wrote:

    > whatever happened to the 'lube-man'? :rolleyes:

    Hang on, I'll mutter the secret chant that's sure to bring him running:

    Linseed oil is great for lubing spoke threads.

    That work?

    Cheers,

    Suzy
     
Loading...
Loading...