New overboots wrong size, doh!

DaveB

Guest
Picked up some new leg warmers from Uno today and got home to find my
waterproof booties had arrived from DeanJones (only $25 at the moment).
was very excited to have two new purchases in one day but found the
booties won't fit over my MTB shoes. The booties are size 44/45 and my
MTB shoes are 44, but there is no way they goiing to fit over the top.
Will give Dean Woods a call tomorrow but was wondering, seeing I've
never owned road shoes whether MTB shoes are too fat for booties over
the top??

DaveB "almost ready for sub-zero temperatures"

DaveB wrote:
> Picked up some new leg warmers from Uno today and got home to find my
> waterproof booties had arrived from DeanJones (only $25 at the moment).
> was very excited to have two new purchases in one day but found the
> booties won't fit over my MTB shoes. The booties are size 44/45 and my
> MTB shoes are 44, but there is no way they goiing to fit over the top.
> Will give Dean Woods a call tomorrow but was wondering, seeing I've
> never owned road shoes whether MTB shoes are too fat for booties over
> the top??
>
> DaveB "almost ready for sub-zero temperatures"

I got some Azumi shoe covers, large size, and they are a real struggle
to get over my road shoes. There's no way they'd fit over my mountain
bike shoes. How do they size these things?

It was minus 0.6 this morning, only 5 degrees at 9am. I didn't ride :(

Marty

DaveB said:
Picked up some new leg warmers from Uno today and got home to find my
waterproof booties had arrived from DeanJones (only $25 at the moment).
was very excited to have two new purchases in one day but found the
booties won't fit over my MTB shoes. The booties are size 44/45 and my
MTB shoes are 44, but there is no way they goiing to fit over the top.
Will give Dean Woods a call tomorrow but was wondering, seeing I've
never owned road shoes whether MTB shoes are too fat for booties over
the top??

DaveB "almost ready for sub-zero temperatures"

this is a pretty common complaint about overshoes. i went thru the same scenario last winter.

i found 2 works arounds.

1 - put overshoe half on whilst shoe is off foot and then roll remainder on after foot is in. can still be a struggle. with my screwed shoulder it was 'extra fun' convincing 'non-morning-wife' that she had to help me do so :rolleyes:
("not the rubber again!")
2- buy biggest available. Let's talk. If the size you got aint the biggest i could do with another so can try out your current ones and order in some bigger ones and we can swap, or something.

PS "DeanJones" ???

flyingdutch wrote:
> DaveB Wrote:

> PS "DeanJones" ???

ROFLMAO. I can't believe I said Dean Jones.

DaveB "all Deans are created equal"

DaveB said:
Picked up some new leg warmers from Uno today and got home to find my
waterproof booties had arrived from DeanJones (only $25 at the moment).
was very excited to have two new purchases in one day but found the
booties won't fit over my MTB shoes. The booties are size 44/45 and my
MTB shoes are 44, but there is no way they goiing to fit over the top.
Will give Dean Woods a call tomorrow but was wondering, seeing I've
never owned road shoes whether MTB shoes are too fat for booties over
the top??

DaveB "almost ready for sub-zero temperatures"

I wear size 45 MTB shoes for commuting. BBB size 45/46 booties fit well. I have a pair of Hardware booties and a pair of Waterflex booties. The Waterflex stretch more than the others and are, if anything, a little big. :rolleyes:

SteveA

flyingdutch wrote:
> 2- buy biggest available. Let's talk. If the size you got aint the
> biggest i could do with another so can try out your current ones and
> order in some bigger ones and we can swap, or something.
>
> PS "DeanJones" ???

Bugger, got a response from Dean Woods (but still nothing from Dean
Jones ;) ). They have booties for MTB shoes but they are $45. **** so
much for the $25 special that I could almost justify.

Dutch, DW will exchange the ones I have for the others (plus I pay the
extra of course). But if you want the 44/45 ones I have they're yours
for $20 (you don't have to pay the $7 postage and I'll drop $5 because I
won't have to pay $5 to send them back). Otherwise no drama, I'll just
send them back for the exchange.

DaveB "glad mfhor isn't about to point out the foibles of Internet
purchases"

DaveB wrote:

> DaveB "glad mfhor isn't about to point out the foibles of Internet
> purchases"

Here's a non foible :) You get what you fsking ask for, not what some bike shop employee wants to sell you.

Cheers,

Suzy (not terribly happy with bike shops at the mo)

DaveB said:
Bugger, got a response from Dean Woods (but still nothing from Dean
Jones ;) ). They have booties for MTB shoes but they are $45. **** so
much for the $25 special that I could almost justify.

Dutch, DW will exchange the ones I have for the others (plus I pay the
extra of course). But if you want the 44/45 ones I have they're yours
for $20 (you don't have to pay the $7 postage and I'll drop $5 because I
won't have to pay $5 to send them back). Otherwise no drama, I'll just
send them back for the exchange.

DaveB "glad mfhor isn't about to point out the foibles of Internet
purchases"

whatever happened to the 'lube-man'? :rolleyes:

hmm. m shoes are 45 so it might work, oh hang on, you said your shoes are a 44 so... that's not gonna work is it? bugger!

Im thinkin i might just stitch in some velcro into the backs of mine for easier on-off...

flyingdutch wrote:

> whatever happened to the 'lube-man'? :rolleyes:

I reckon his gig on the GVBR did him in.

> hmm. m shoes are 45 so it might work, oh hang on, you said your shoes
> are a 44 so... that's not gonna work is it? bugger!

Nope you definitely don't want anything too small, I'll send em back.

> Im thinkin i might just stitch in some velcro into the backs of mine
> for easier on-off...

that's what these ones have and looks like it would work well if they
could fit over the shoe.

DaveB

Dutchy wrote:

> whatever happened to the 'lube-man'? :rolleyes:

Hang on, I'll mutter the secret chant that's sure to bring him running:

Linseed oil is great for lubing spoke threads.

That work?

Cheers,

Suzy