New PA Gameland Regs

Ctg

Guest
It doesn't look good.

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/PGC/newsroom/2002/nr028-02.htm

"Anyone who rides a non-motorized vehicle, conveyance or animal on State Game Lands must do so
only on designated routes. Such riding activities will not be permitted, except on Sundays or on
roads open to public travel, from the last Saturday in September to the third Saturday in January,
and after 1
p.m. from the second Saturday in April to the last Saturday in May. This does not apply to anyone
lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing on State Game Lands;"

"The Game Commission will designate routes for riding non-motorized vehicles, conveyances or animals
according to compatibility with the management plan for each State Game Lands. The public also may
request the agency to consider other route designations;"

I have only heard rumors so far but it seems like Jim Thorpe will be negatively impacted. One rumor
claims only the Broad Mtn. Loop is designated. But I don't know for sure yet.

Chris

>This does not apply to anyone lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing on State
>Game Lands;"

Buy a cheapo folding rod, keep in Camelback, with the fishing license. ;-)

Steve

[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >This does not apply to anyone lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing on State Game
> >Lands;"
>
> Buy a cheapo folding rod, keep in Camelback, with the fishing license. ;-)

That's too easy Steve. There are trails here we don't dare ride during hunting season, even if we
were completely painted dayglo orange. The drunk texans who hunt in Colorado might think a cheapo
folding rod is antlers.

JD

JD wrote:

> [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > >This does not apply to anyone lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing on State Game
> > >Lands;"
> >
> > Buy a cheapo folding rod, keep in Camelback, with the fishing license. ;-)
>
> That's too easy Steve. There are trails here we don't dare ride during hunting season, even if we
> were completely painted dayglo orange. The drunk texans who hunt in Colorado might think a cheapo
> folding rod is antlers.
>
> JD

Well as for Jim Thorpe Mountain bike Weekend... it is not hunting season. As Steve said I could
easily fit a folding rod into my CamelBak and get a fishin' license... I really think that all of
this BS with the state game lands is so the State forces other users to buy access onto their
land... I guess they want a piece if the action... What a stupid game... I guess the state has no
idea of how many users they are turning away... Users who pump all kinds of cash into the economy...
I wonder if they will ever just come out and say... pay us to ride on our land... No BS fishin' or
huntin' deals....

Jimbo...ssssshhhhh I'm huntin' wabbit...(san)

Jimbo(san)

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> JD wrote:
>
> > [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Buy a cheapo folding rod, keep in Camelback, with the fishing license.
;-)

> > That's too easy Steve. There are trails here we don't dare ride during hunting season, even if
> > we were completely painted dayglo orange. The drunk texans who hunt in Colorado might think a
> > cheapo folding rod is antlers.
> >
> > JD
>
> Well as for Jim Thorpe Mountain bike Weekend... it is not hunting season.
As Steve said I could easily fit a
> folding rod into my CamelBak and get a fishin' license... I really think that all of this BS with
> the state game lands is so the
State forces other users to buy access onto
> their land... I guess they want a piece if the action... What a stupid
game... I guess the state has no idea of how
> many users they are turning away... Users who pump all kinds of cash into
the economy... I wonder if they will ever
> just come out and say... pay us to ride on our land... No BS fishin' or
huntin' deals....

I too wish they would be wiling to come to some sort of compromise, even if it included
pay-for-access. Because right now they seem to have taken everything away. Most of the designated
routes seem to be fire roads. Regions like JT will definitely suffer economically if the ban is
enforced during the warm months. It's a shame it came to this. The real mess will start when the
weather turns nice and riders are confronted with the circle-slash signs when they head to their
favorite spots.

Chris