New Pace forks

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1255
    > >
    > > Looks nice. Sounds great. Now just waiting on details of
    reliability...

    > Hmm, I like Pace but there seems to be a helluva lot going on inside that fork - external rebound
    > adjustability, lock down, launch control, external travel adjustment... Just give me a plain
    > reliable fork any day.
    >
    > Steve.

    The most plush and reliable fork I've ever had was also the simplest. The preload adjustment was a
    cinch and while damping adjustment was an oil

    anyway. The name of this beast? Rock Shox Judy C, 80 quid from a bargain bucket. I since replaced it
    with an air Bomber and have had nowhere near as much joy from it.

    Andy Chequer

  3. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

  4. Nik Johnson

    Nik Johnson Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]...
    > > > http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1255
    > > >
    > > > Looks nice. Sounds great. Now just waiting on details of
    > reliability...
    > >
    > > Hmm, I like Pace but there seems to be a helluva lot going on inside
    that
    > > fork - external rebound adjustability, lock down, launch control,
    external
    > > travel adjustment... Just give me a plain reliable fork any day.
    > >
    > > Steve.
    >
    > The most plush and reliable fork I've ever had was also the simplest. The preload adjustment was a
    > cinch and while damping adjustment was an oil

    on
    > anyway. The name of this beast? Rock Shox Judy C, 80 quid from a bargain bucket. I since replaced
    > it with an air Bomber and have had nowhere near
    as
    > much joy from it.
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    I'd have to agree, whilst the most reliable fork I've owned was a RC35 AB from many moons ago, there
    wasn't much to go wrong. Now, Pace's reputation is OK for the most in the UK at least, but the
    Hollowform forks have had their issues with keeping water out, lets hope these are a little better
    as they appaer to be going down the right path with the Zocchi influenced features.

    Nik

    ---