New Pantani is in progress at the moment and a new Armstrong.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by munden, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. munden

    munden New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2003
    Pat Cleary is an painter working and living in the English lake district, his Tour de France paintings of old and new tour de France riders are superb, and well worth a visit, he has produced a centenary edition of four TDF prints, please take a look - cycling approached from a fine art perspective (by someone who can really paint) has been long overdue.

    http://www.patclearyart.co.uk/cycli...yclingindex.htm

    Merckx, Poulidor, Armstrong, Kelly, Coppi, Hinault, Virenque, Indurain, Bartali, Boardman, Bobet, Geminiani, Rominger, Ullrich, Chiappucci, Bugno, Peeters.

    New Pantani is in progress at the moment and a new Armstrong.

    Tags:

  2. Callas

    Callas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > New Pantani is in progress at the moment and a new Armstrong.

    Marco Pantani suicided earlier this year, didn't he?

    --
    Callas

  3. Alex Ferrier

    Alex Ferrier Guest

    Steve McGinty wrote:

    > Callas wrote:
    > >
    > >Marco Pantani suicided earlier this year, didn't he?

    > Nope - OD-ed on cocaine.

    ....and the difference is?

    --
    Alex
    BMW R1150GS

  4. On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 00:09:23 +0100, Callas <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >> New Pantani is in progress at the moment and a new Armstrong.

    >Marco Pantani suicided earlier this year, didn't he?

    Nope - OD-ed on cocaine.

    Regards!
    Stephen

  5. Jon Senior

    Jon Senior Guest

    f.demon.co.uk says...
    > Steve McGinty wrote:
    > >
    > > Callas wrote:
    > > >
    > > >Marco Pantani suicided earlier this year, didn't he?

    > > Nope - OD-ed on cocaine.
    > >

    > ...and the difference is?

    Intent.

    Jon

  6. Alex Ferrier

    Alex Ferrier Guest

    Jon Senior wrote:

    > alex says...
    > > Steve McGinty wrote:

    > > > Nope - OD-ed on cocaine.
    > > >

    > > ...and the difference is?

    > Intent.

    Depends if you are sure about Pantanni's.

    --

  7. On Wednesday 04 August 2004 00:56, munden wrote:
    > New Pantani is in progress at the moment and a new Armstrong.

    I thought this was going to be a thread about VDB and Valverde.

  8. On Wednesday 04 August 2004 10:58, Alex Ferrier wrote:

    >> > ...and the difference is?

    >> Intent.

    > Depends if you are sure about Pantani's.

    One can never be really sure about intent at a suicide. A big clue
    (against intent) is that the cocaine found was unusually high grade.

  9. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Alex Ferrier
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Jon Senior wrote:
    >> alex says...

    >> > ...and the difference is?

    >> Intent.

    > Depends if you are sure about Pantanni's.

    How can you be sure about Pantanni's? He's dead. You can't ask him.

    "The result is a language that... not even its mother could
    love. Like the camel, Common Lisp is a horse designed by
    committee. Camels do have their uses."
    ;; Scott Fahlman, 7 March 1995

  10. Alex Ferrier

    Alex Ferrier Guest

    Simon Brooke wrote:

    > Alex Ferrier wrote:
    > >
    > > Jon Senior wrote:
    > >> alex says...

    > >> Intent.

    > > Depends if you are sure about Pantanni's.

    > How can you be sure about Pantanni's? He's dead. You can't ask him.

    I'm not. Never said I was.
    My original comment was more aimed at pointing to
    the ambiguous nature of 'intent', where drugs are
    concerned. In the same sort of way, that say, health
    advertising attempts to convince smokers, they are
    killing themselves by continuing with their habit.