New Park TM-1 Tensiometer is here!

Sheldon Brown

Guest
We've been waiting for months for these to arrive, but they're worth the wait! This unit seems
considerably nicer than the Wheelsmith version, and a lot less expensive.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/tools-h-z.html#tensiometers

Sheldon "Shameless Commerce" Brown +----------------------------------------------+
| If you wish in the world to advance, | Your merits you're bound to enhance; | You must stirr
| it, and stump it, | And blow your own trumpet, | Or, trust me, you haven't a chance! | --W.S.
| Gilbert |
+----------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> We've been waiting for months for these to arrive, but they're worth the wait! This unit seems
> considerably nicer than the Wheelsmith version, and a lot less expensive.

Do they look any better than the one they showed in Vegas? That one looked like a caliper from a
five and dime. --Jim

Now if someone would market and sell a headset press for a lower price in the USA market I would be
very happy. Like the Cyclus press offered in the EU for around 36 Euros. I have used one, and while
not as nice s a Park, it is good enough for the home user.
http://www.roseversand.de/cgi-bin/db2www.exe/rose_e.d2w/detail0?PRD_ID=11501

news:[email protected]...

"Raymo853" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Now if someone would market and sell a headset press for a lower price in the USA market I would
> be very happy. Like the Cyclus press offered in the EU for around 36 Euros. I have used one, and
> while not as nice s a Park, it is good enough for the home user.

I know some folks who have purchased a two+ foot section of all-thread
( 5/8" or 3/4" maybe? ), two large brass washers, two large steel washers and two nuts. When used
with a couple adjustable wrenches, they can work ok. Total cost, about $5. --Jim

"Raymo853" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Now if someone would market and sell a headset press for a lower price in the USA market I would be
>very happy. Like the Cyclus press offered in the EU for around 36 Euros. I have used one, and while
>not as nice s a Park, it is good enough for the home user.
>http://www.roseversand.de/cgi-bin/db2www.exe/rose_e.d2w/detail0?PRD_ID=11501

Bicycle Research makes a very inexpensive headset press that seems to be adequate for most folks,
though it's also quite easy to make one with a couple feet of threaded steel rod, a couple large
nuts and a few washers (I "built" one of these for a grand total of about $4 for a friend of mine -
you have to take it slow but it works quite well).