New Pedals, Old Shoes?

Roy Zipris

Guest
I'm switching from Shimano's M515 pedals to Speedplay Frogs. Are my Shimano MO-38 shoes easily
compatible? According to Speedplay's web site, yes, but since the soles have already been cut out
for SPDs, are they still usable with another cleat system? If not, are there compatibility issues of
which I should be aware in shopping for new shoes? That is, are some shoes more or less adaptable to
Frogs? Besides fit and comfort (and cost), what other questions should I be asking myself in
choosing new shoes? Thanks. --Roy Zipris

irzipris-<< I'm switching from Shimano's M515 pedals to Speedplay Frogs. Are my Shimano MO-38 shoes
easily compatible? >><BR><BR>

yes

irzipris<< According to Speedplay's web site, yes, but since the soles have already been cut out for
SPDs, are they still usable with another cleat system? >><BR><BR>

Uses same holes as SPD

irzipris<< If not, are there compatibility issues of which I should be aware in shopping for new
shoes? That is, are some shoes more or less adaptable to Frogs? >><BR><BR>

All MTB shoes are the same drilling...for any MTB pedal, SP, Time, SPD, eggbeaters, etc.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> irzipris-<< I'm switching from Shimano's M515 pedals to Speedplay Frogs. Are my Shimano MO-38
> shoes easily compatible? >><BR><BR>
>
> yes
>
> irzipris<< According to Speedplay's web site, yes, but since the soles have already been cut out
> for SPDs, are they still usable with another cleat system? >><BR><BR>
>
> Uses same holes as SPD
>

> irzipris<< If not, are there compatibility issues of which I should be aware in shopping for new
> shoes? That is, are some shoes more or less adaptable to Frogs? >><BR><BR>
>
> All MTB shoes are the same drilling...for any MTB pedal, SP, Time, SPD, eggbeaters, etc.

True, but you may need to trim the lug a bit so the cleat will fit. 5 minutes work with a utility
knife, tops.

Pat
--
Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant. Correct email address like pdlamb 'round-
about comcast point net.