New Pedals!

GatorTrek

Oct 26, 2004
:D I got my new Ultegra 6610 pedals in the mail today! When I started this cycling thing almost a year ago, I had clips and a hybrid (Trek 7500FX). Then I went to a road bike 3 months later. I couldn't believe what a difference it made to go from clips to clipless mtb pedals and shoes. Then I bought road shoes and the stiffness helped even more. Now I just put my new Ultegra 6610 pedals and cleats on tonight. I can't wait to go ride tomorrow!

I'm like a kid in a candy store! New bike stuff rocks!

GatorTrek said:
:D I got my new Ultegra 6610 pedals in the mail today! When I started this cycling thing almost a year ago, I had clips and a hybrid (Trek 7500FX). Then I went to a road bike 3 months later. I couldn't believe what a difference it made to go from clips to clipless mtb pedals and shoes. Then I bought road shoes and the stiffness helped even more. Now I just put my new Ultegra 6610 pedals and cleats on tonight. I can't wait to go ride tomorrow!

I have the 6610 pedals as well, and I love them. Enjoy the first ride!

GatorTrek said:

We musicians call this "G.A.S." -- short for "gear acquisition syndrome". :D

Enjoy the new pedals!

G.A.S keeps the economy healthy.

I have pedal envy .... and no bike budget left!!

27 miles with my new Ultegra pedals this morning. Very nice. No pedal noise. Very comfortable. No hot spots on my road shoes. Any ride is a good ride. New gear makes it twice as nice!

People i need some help i want to change my pedals, i am trying to remove the left pedal but not sure which way you turn the nut to loosen it!
sorry about this but i want to make sure which way as i dont want to strip the thread.
If i am looking at the bike with the handle bars to my left and the saddle to my right would i turn the nut Clockwise or anticlockwise?
bit of a dorky question i know
many thanks:eek:

rjcurl said:
People i need some help i want to change my pedals, i am trying to remove the left pedal but not sure which way you turn the nut to loosen it!
sorry about this but i want to make sure which way as i dont want to strip the thread.
If i am looking at the bike with the handle bars to my left and the saddle to my right would i turn the nut Clockwise or anticlockwise?
bit of a dorky question i know
many thanks:eek:
Clockwise.

GatorTrek said:
27 miles with my new Ultegra pedals this morning. Very nice. No pedal noise. Very comfortable. No hot spots on my road shoes. Any ride is a good ride. New gear makes it twice as nice!
I've had mine (Ultegra pedals) for quite a while (well, probably about 6000 kilomteres). They are great - they have done everything I expected of them. I have found that if you do not clean the interface between the pedal and front part of the cleat (and that means cleaning both pedal and cleat) you will get an annoying squeak. Other than that they are a great pedal.

However, there is something about Speedplay pedals that I find interesting...

wheelist said:
Then I won't mention my beautiful egg beaters. Or attach a link to them.

They're rubbish anyway. You only have to put your foot near them and you're in. To get out you just have to think about it, and it is so.

http://www.crankbrothers.com/eggbeater_ti.php

Pure GAS kit. :)
I got Shimano SH-M071 ... bargain of 62 u$d!
Pedals - PDM520 ........... Always low 50$ price!

I cannot believe the comfort and the ease of use. No more chocking my feet into numbness with straps.:D:D:D