New Pix

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nelson Binch, May 7, 2003.

  1. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    Tags:

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of
    > my Tandem.
    >
    > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html

    Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the power
    to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that way, as
    one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.

    Just a thought though.
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net

  3. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]prodigy.net says...
    | > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of my
    | > Tandem.
    | >
    | > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    | >

    | Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
    | power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
    | way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.

    I actually tried that once, but the main problem is starting. It's far easier to start when both or
    your crank arms are forward on your "up foot" side.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/6/2003

  4. Technician wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >

    >>Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of
    >>my Tandem.
    >>
    >>http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    >>

    >Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
    >power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
    >way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.
    >
    >Just a thought though.

    It goes better if both riders are pedaling in...well...tandem. Balance issues arise if both pistons
    are not synchronized.

  5. Dick

    Dick Guest

    Nelson Binch wrote:
    > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of
    > my Tandem.
    >
    > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html

    All the bikes have a distinct utilitarian style, nice. That brownish background and the small font
    make for tough reading on my monitor.

  6. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "Dick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | Nelson Binch wrote:
    | > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of my
    | > Tandem.
    | >
    | > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    | >

    | All the bikes have a distinct utilitarian style, nice. That brownish background and the small font
    | make for tough reading on my monitor.

    Okay, blew up the font, how's that.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/6/2003

  7. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > | > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of my
    > | > Tandem.
    > | >
    > | > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    > | >

    > | Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
    > | power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
    > | way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.
    >
    > I actually tried that once, but the main problem is starting. It's far easier to start when both
    > or your crank arms are forward on your "up foot" side.

    Ahh, see, i knew there was some reason.
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net

  8. Dick

    Dick Guest

    > | All the bikes have a distinct utilitarian style, nice. That brownish background and the small
    > | font make for tough reading on my monitor.
    > |

    > Okay, blew up the font, how's that.

    Much more hi-res compatible, thanks :)

  9. Technician wrote:

    >>Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of
    >>my Tandem.
    >>
    >>http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    >>

    > Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
    > power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
    > way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.
    >
    > Just a thought though.

    Ponderd since the invention of the tandem:

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tandem2.html#phase

  10. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > | > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site,
    including
    > | > finally a pic of my Tandem.
    > | >
    > | > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    > | >

    > | Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
    > | power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
    > | way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.
    >
    > I actually tried that once, but the main problem is starting. It's far easier to start when both
    > or your crank arms are forward on your "up foot" side.
    >

    > ---
    > __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    > http://intergalax.com

    > - Release Date: 5/6/2003

    On that note, have you tried setting the cranks so their 180 deg. out of phase, that is, when one
    rider's right foot is at 3:00, the other rider's right foot is at 9:00? This way when you start, one
    rider's right leg is at stance while it's the other rider's right leg at stance. Hence, the bike is
    supported on both sides. :)

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

  11. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

  12. On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    |Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
    my Tandem.

    |http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html

    I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
    post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.

    It's funny, but inexplicable.

  13. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "Andy Chequer" wrote

    | "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of my
    | > Tandem.
    | >
    | > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    |
    | Nice bikes. I really like that Rockhopper.
    |
    | How much is your cat?

    You missed out when I was giving his grandchildren away a few weeks ago.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/6/2003

  14. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > |Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
    > my Tandem.
    > |
    > |http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    >
    > I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
    > post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
    >
    > It's funny, but inexplicable.

    Jealous?
    --

  15. P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > |Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
    > my Tandem.
    > |
    > |http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    >
    > I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
    > post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.

    Some folks are proud of thier bikes.

    > It's funny, but inexplicable.

    indeed

  16. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
    |
    | |Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
    | my Tandem.
    | |
    | |http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    |
    | I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
    | post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
    |
    | It's funny, but inexplicable.

    Simple, we really like our rigs, and like showing them off and lack the technology or desire to show
    them off "In action" (besides, the bikes look better than me anyway.)

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/6/2003

  17. Technician wrote:

    >>On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>|Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
    >>my Tandem.
    >>|
    >>|http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
    >>
    >>I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
    >>post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
    >>
    >>It's funny, but inexplicable.
    >>

    > Jealous?

    Hahahahahahhaa, I sure hope that was sarcasm....

    Jon Bond

  18. On Thu, 08 May 2003 03:04:34 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    |Technician wrote:

    |>>Tandem.
    |>>|

    |>>I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
    |>>post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
    |>>
    |>>It's funny, but inexplicable.
    |>>

    |> Jealous?
    |
    |Hahahahahahhaa, I sure hope that was sarcasm....

    If folks didn't quote the psychotic piss drinking maggot I wouldn't get to laugh in situations
    like this.

    Most of the time filters do their job.

  19. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Technician wrote:

    > >>Tandem.

    > >>I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
    > >>post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
    > >>
    > >>It's funny, but inexplicable.
    > >>

    > > Jealous?
    >
    > Hahahahahahhaa, I sure hope that was sarcasm....
    >
    > Jon Bond

    he he, yeah, it was.
    --

  20. P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > On Thu, 08 May 2003 03:04:34 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > |Technician wrote:
    > |> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    > |>>|

    > |> Jealous?
    > |
    > |Hahahahahahhaa, I sure hope that was sarcasm....
    >
    > If folks didn't quote the psychotic piss drinking maggot I wouldn't get to laugh in situations
    > like this.
    >
    > Most of the time filters do their job.

    Yeah, but it's so worth it....

    Jon Bond