New Pix

> Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of
> my Tandem.
>
> http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html

Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the power
to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that way, as
one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.

Just a thought though.
--
~Travis

travis57 at megalink dot net

| In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
| > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of my
| > Tandem.
| >
| > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
| >

| Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
| power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
| way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.

I actually tried that once, but the main problem is starting. It's far easier to start when both or
your crank arms are forward on your "up foot" side.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 5/6/2003

Technician wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>

>>Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of
>>my Tandem.
>>
>>http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
>>

>Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
>power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
>way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.
>
>Just a thought though.

It goes better if both riders are pedaling in...well...tandem. Balance issues arise if both pistons
are not synchronized.

Nelson Binch wrote:
> Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of
> my Tandem.
>
> http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html

All the bikes have a distinct utilitarian style, nice. That brownish background and the small font
make for tough reading on my monitor.

"****" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| Nelson Binch wrote:
| > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of my
| > Tandem.
| >
| > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
| >

| All the bikes have a distinct utilitarian style, nice. That brownish background and the small font
| make for tough reading on my monitor.

Okay, blew up the font, how's that.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 5/6/2003

> "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> | > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of my
> | > Tandem.
> | >
> | > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
> | >

> | Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
> | power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
> | way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.
>
> I actually tried that once, but the main problem is starting. It's far easier to start when both
> or your crank arms are forward on your "up foot" side.

Ahh, see, i knew there was some reason.
--
~Travis

travis57 at megalink dot net

> | All the bikes have a distinct utilitarian style, nice. That brownish background and the small
> | font make for tough reading on my monitor.
> |

> Okay, blew up the font, how's that.

Much more hi-res compatible, thanks :)

Technician wrote:

>>Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of
>>my Tandem.
>>
>>http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
>>

> Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
> power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
> way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.
>
> Just a thought though.

Ponderd since the invention of the tandem:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tandem2.html#phase

"Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> | > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site,
including
> | > finally a pic of my Tandem.
> | >
> | > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
> | >

> | Just a passing thought on the tandem. I'm sure there is a reason not to, but i would think the
> | power to the drive-train would be smoother if one of the crank sets was rotated 90 degrees. that
> | way, as one rider is nearing the end of their power stroke, the other is starting theirs.
>
> I actually tried that once, but the main problem is starting. It's far easier to start when both
> or your crank arms are forward on your "up foot" side.
>

> ---
> __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
> http://intergalax.com

> - Release Date: 5/6/2003

On that note, have you tried setting the cranks so their 180 deg. out of phase, that is, when one
rider's right foot is at 3:00, the other rider's right foot is at 9:00? This way when you start, one
rider's right leg is at stance while it's the other rider's right leg at stance. Hence, the bike is
supported on both sides. :)

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:

|Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
my Tandem.

|http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html

I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.

It's funny, but inexplicable.

"Andy Chequer" wrote

| "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including finally a pic of my
| > Tandem.
| >
| > http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
|
| Nice bikes. I really like that Rockhopper.
|
| How much is your cat?

You missed out when I was giving his grandchildren away a few weeks ago.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 5/6/2003

> On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> |Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
> my Tandem.
> |
> |http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
>
> I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
> post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
>
> It's funny, but inexplicable.

Jealous?
--

P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
> On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> |Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
> my Tandem.
> |
> |http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
>
> I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
> post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.

Some folks are proud of thier bikes.

> It's funny, but inexplicable.

indeed

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
|
| |Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
| my Tandem.
| |
| |http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
|
| I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
| post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
|
| It's funny, but inexplicable.

Simple, we really like our rigs, and like showing them off and lack the technology or desire to show
them off "In action" (besides, the bikes look better than me anyway.)

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 5/6/2003

Technician wrote:

>>On Wed, 7 May 2003 16:10:53 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>|Finally got some fresh pix of some of my rides up on the site, including |finally a pic of
>>my Tandem.
>>|
>>|http://intergalax.com/mybikes.html
>>
>>I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
>>post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
>>
>>It's funny, but inexplicable.
>>

> Jealous?

Hahahahahahhaa, I sure hope that was sarcasm....

Jon Bond

On Thu, 08 May 2003 03:04:34 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

|Technician wrote:

|>>Tandem.
|>>|

|>>I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
|>>post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
|>>
|>>It's funny, but inexplicable.
|>>

|> Jealous?
|
|Hahahahahahhaa, I sure hope that was sarcasm....

If folks didn't quote the psychotic **** drinking maggot I wouldn't get to laugh in situations
like this.

Most of the time filters do their job.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Technician wrote:

> >>Tandem.

> >>I've never understood the whole "here is my generic bike leaning against a (insert couch, tree,
> >>post, workbench) picture" followed by a laundry list of components" thing.
> >>
> >>It's funny, but inexplicable.
> >>

> > Jealous?
>
> Hahahahahahhaa, I sure hope that was sarcasm....
>
> Jon Bond

he he, yeah, it was.
--

P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
> On Thu, 08 May 2003 03:04:34 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> |Technician wrote:
> |> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

> |>>|

> |> Jealous?
> |
> |Hahahahahahhaa, I sure hope that was sarcasm....
>
> If folks didn't quote the psychotic **** drinking maggot I wouldn't get to laugh in situations
> like this.
>
> Most of the time filters do their job.

Yeah, but it's so worth it....