new please don't flame

Army of One

Apr 24, 2005
Hi everyone!!

sorry if there are tons of posts like this

my buddy and his wife are going to have a baby really really soon!!! woot woot for them. anyways they are looking to get some bikes after he is born. Sort of a way to get her back in shape and all that good stuff. they have been to a few stores to look and to ask questions before they buy. I told them I would get online and ask to see what kind of bikes people would recomend and get any feed back that people have. so here is what they have so far

here is what they have come up with to this point. they have about 600 bucks to spend on each bike. they want a bike that is a hardtail with disk brakes. most of there riding will be done on fire roads and trails.

any info, personal experince and things would be great. and thanks for taking time out to read this.

Army of One said:
Hi everyone!!

my buddy and his wife are going to have a baby really really soon!!! woot woot for them. anyways they are looking to get some bikes after he is born. Sort of a way to get her back in shape and all that good stuff. they have been to a few stores to look and to ask questions before they buy. I told them I would get online and ask to see what kind of bikes people would recomend and get any feed back that people have. so here is what they have so far

here is what they have come up with to this point. they have about 600 bucks to spend on each bike. they want a bike that is a hardtail with disk brakes. most of there riding will be done on fire roads and trails.

any info, personal experince and things would be great. and thanks for taking time out to read this.

what did they see at the stores that they liked? what did the shops recommend? (a better place to start than a broad question like the above)

Army of One said:
Hi everyone!!

Check out the Specialized Hardrock women's, or Sport Disc.
Also, congrats for them.

MtnBikerChk said:
what did they see at the stores that they liked? what did the shops recommend? (a better place to start than a broad question like the above)
MtnBikerChk is right, AOO. A bike is such a personal object that one would need to get on a few of them and fall in love. I can say that for the price you're looking to spend, Specialized and Trek are two very good companies.

so far the bikes that they have looked at are : trek, marin and giant. I am not sure what models they have looked at but those are the makers. my buddy likes the look of the marin hawk hill se, but his wife doesn't. I hope that helps a little more and thanks for your input.