New Polar HRM/Speedo/Cadence Watch

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by darryl, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. darryl

    darryl Guest

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Wow! I better go out into the shed and break the bad news to My year old Polar 725x that it has been performing unknown abilities!!!
    and to think i have been watching distance, speed (and rpms if i had bothered buying that bit) without realising it was 'ahead of its time' :rolleyes:

  3. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote:
    > darryl Wrote:
    >> Polar has released a new heart rate monitor watch that incorporates
    >> bike
    >> speedo and (optionally) cadence data.
    >> <http://tinyurl.com/qsc5l
    >> en=95315c96ef6fcd6f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
    >>
    >> RRP is $US210
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> Darryl

    > Wow! I better go out into the shed and break the bad news to My year
    > old Polar 725x that it has been performing unknown abilities!!!
    > and to think i have been watching distance, speed (and rpms if i had
    > bothered buying that bit) without realising it was 'ahead of its time'
    > :rolleyes:

    Not to mention temperature, altitude and IR PC data transfer..For some
    reason my 3yr old 720i isn't jealous of this new breakthrough.

    --
    ..dt

  4. Friday

    Friday Guest

    dtmeister wrote:
    > flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>darryl Wrote:
    >>
    >>>Polar has released a new heart rate monitor watch that incorporates
    >>>bike
    >>>speedo and (optionally) cadence data.
    >>><http://tinyurl.com/qsc5l
    >>>en=95315c96ef6fcd6f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
    >>>
    >>>RRP is $US210
    >>>
    >>>regards,
    >>>Darryl

    >>Wow! I better go out into the shed and break the bad news to My year
    >>old Polar 725x that it has been performing unknown abilities!!!
    >>and to think i have been watching distance, speed (and rpms if i had
    >>bothered buying that bit) without realising it was 'ahead of its time'
    >>:rolleyes:

    > Not to mention temperature, altitude and IR PC data transfer..For some
    > reason my 3yr old 720i isn't jealous of this new breakthrough.

    I wonder if they sell many altitude type watches in Holland?

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    which part? southern Holland where they run the AMTSEL gold race is plenty hilly!

  6. darryl

    darryl Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    dtmeister <[email protected]> wrote:

    > flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > darryl Wrote:
    > >> Polar has released a new heart rate monitor watch that incorporates
    > >> bike
    > >> speedo and (optionally) cadence data.
    > >> <http://tinyurl.com/qsc5l
    > >> en=95315c96ef6fcd6f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
    > >>
    > >> RRP is $US210
    > >>
    > >> regards,
    > >> Darryl

    > > Wow! I better go out into the shed and break the bad news to My year
    > > old Polar 725x that it has been performing unknown abilities!!!
    > > and to think i have been watching distance, speed (and rpms if i had
    > > bothered buying that bit) without realising it was 'ahead of its time'
    > > :rolleyes:

    > Not to mention temperature, altitude and IR PC data transfer..For some
    > reason my 3yr old 720i isn't jealous of this new breakthrough.

    Ermmm.
    I did not state that the technology or features had not previously been
    in watches made by Polar or Suunto or anybody else.
    I have a Polar myself.
    I was simply alerting people to the fact that your 725x and 720i are
    superseded by release of a new model. If you are happy with your current
    watch then don't upgrade.
    My bike from 40 years ago had a frame (triangulated), wheels, gears,
    forks, etc but that has not stopped me being excited about new bikes
    that come onto the market.

    regards,
    Darryl

  7. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    darryl <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I have a Polar myself.
    > I was simply alerting people to the fact that your 725x and 720i are
    > superseded by release of a new model. If you are happy with your current
    > watch then don't upgrade.

    I don't think it superseeds the 700 series, it seems to be a cut down
    version missing quite a bit of the feature set. It does have some new
    features I'd like though, estimated time of arrival and comparison
    between actual and average speed.

    --
    ..dt

  8. peterlip

    peterlip New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2005
    I'm always interested in new products, and was not aware of Polar's latest product. Thanks for the head's up Darryl.

  9. Great now i have room for my bell.
    news:p[email protected]