NEW POST - Check out a new Century Ride this summer in Ontario!!!

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Kirk Gosse, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Kirk Gosse

    Kirk Gosse Guest

    Coinciding with Bancroft's Septemberfest weekend, the Hastings Highlands
    Hilly Hundred is being billed as "the toughest century ride in Ontario."

    The Hilly Hundred starts at 7:30 a.m. sharp and weaves its way through the
    hills and valleys of the famous Canadian Shield from Bancroft to Wilno, to
    Barry's Bay and back. All routes will start and end at Millennium Park,
    Bancroft.

    The terrain is a wonderful mix of gentle country roads, limited highway
    riding, and breathtaking hills carved through ancient granite bedrock.
    Riders will travel through some of Ontario's most beautiful landscapes where
    you will be awed by the beauty of lakes, rolling hills and colorful hardwood
    forests.

    Three challenging options await you; 60km, 80km, and 160km, each with total
    elevation gains that will make your heart race and your legs cry "uncle."

    Everyone registered will receive detailed route maps, a Hastings Highlands
    Hilly Hundred buff, a swag bag of great items, lunch after the ride, & a
    ticket for awesome draw prizes. After the ride join in the Septemberfest
    celebration. There will be live music in the band shell, food tents, a beer
    garden, local arts & crafts for sale, an antique & custom car show, games
    for the kids & more. Bring the entire family for a whole day of fun.

    The cost for the Hilly Hundred is: $30.00 before September 24th or $35.00
    on the day of the ride. You can register two ways: by mail to Hilly
    Hundred, P.O. Box 1650, Bancroft, ON, K0L 1C0 or by phone 1-800-481-2925.

    This one day cycling tour is a fundraising event.

    All proceeds will go to the Quinte Healthcare Corporation's "Caring Today
    for Tomorrow" campaign to support the establishment of a kidney dialysis
    unit in Bancroft.

    For more information contact Chris and Clive Emery at 1-800-481-CYCL (2925)
    Or email them at [email protected] Or check out their website
    www.tripsandtrails.ca

    Tags:

  2. B Paton

    B Paton Guest

    Your post is a bit vague about the date. Is it in fact September 24th?

  3. doug thomas

    doug thomas Guest

    "B Paton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Your post is a bit vague about the date. Is it in fact September 24th?

    The date is September 24th 2005.

    Doug Thomas
    Welland, Ontario

  4. Kirk Gosse

    Kirk Gosse Guest

    Jeez, in my rush to get this out on Thursday, in between the times my
    computer was not crashing, I forgot to include the date of the ride. It is
    September 24, 2005.