new power meter software

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Vo2boy, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Vo2boy

    Vo2boy Guest

    Check out this new power meter software! The site is www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com. I came across
    this web site while strolling around the net this morning! Has anyone tried it out yet? What do
    you think!

    Vo2boy

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "vo2boy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Check out this new power meter software! The site is {snipped}. I came across this web site while
    > strolling around the net this morning! Has anyone tried it out yet? What do you think!

    I think "strolling around the net" = spamming newsgroups.

    Bill "strollers are trollers is catchier" S.

  3. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    Please sell your old stuff in the rec.bicycles.MARKETPLACE newsgroup. Never here. Thanks!

  4. [email protected] (vo2boy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Check out this new power meter software! The site is www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com. I came across
    > this web site while strolling around the net this morning! Has anyone tried it out yet? What do
    > you think!
    >
    > Vo2boy

    Hey,

    Nice Try VOminBOY!! Do you really think we are that stupid. You are a BAD Salesperson. Now take
    your informmercial some place else, Dumbass.

    Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

    GFYS

  5. On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Sorni wrote:

    > "vo2boy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Check out this new power meter software! The site is {snipped}.

    > I think "strolling around the net" = spamming newsgroups.

    I thought spam too, until I saw that Andy Coggan (a frequent poster here on r.b.t.) was part of the
    company. Actually looks to me like this notice belongs here (not crossposted all over...)
    http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/aboutus.html

    Disclaimer: I met and worked with Andy some years ago (at the Texas A & M wind tunnel). Didn't hear
    about this software until I saw the posting.

    -- Doug Milliken

  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Actually, I'm told it's quite good...can't hurt to have something better than the garbage some of
    companies put out!

    You should checkout the new power meter hitting the market too.

    CH

    [email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (vo2boy) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Check out this new power meter software! The site is www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com. I came across
    > > this web site while strolling around the net this morning! Has anyone tried it out yet? What do
    > > you think!
    > >
    > > Vo2boy
    >
    > Hey,
    >
    > Nice Try VOminBOY!! Do you really think we are that stupid. You are a BAD Salesperson. Now take
    > your informmercial some place else, Dumbass.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
    >
    > GFYS

  7. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Actually, I'm told it's quite good...can't hurt to have something better than the garbage some of
    > companies put out!
    >
    > You should checkout the new power meter hitting the market too.
    >
    > CH

    Andy Coggan is one of the promoters/designers.

    Dashii

    > [email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (vo2boy) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Check out this new power meter software! The site is www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com. I came
    > > > across this web site while strolling around the net this morning! Has anyone tried it out yet?
    > > > What do you think!
    > > >
    > > > Vo2boy
    > >
    > > Hey,
    > >
    > > Nice Try VOminBOY!! Do you really think we are that stupid. You are a BAD Salesperson. Now
    > > take your informmercial some place else, Dumbass.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Chumpion
    > >
    > > GFYS

  8. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Actually, I'm told it's quite good...can't hurt to have something better than the garbage some
    > > of companies put out!
    > >
    > > You should checkout the new power meter hitting the market too.
    > >
    > > CH
    >
    > Andy Coggan is one of the promoters/designers.

    Contributor/beta-tester is more like it...but in any case, I'm not the one who cross-posted to all
    these newsgroups (yes, I realize I'm cross-posting this).

    Andy Coggan

  9. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Well then, that say's it all.

  10. On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Andy Coggan wrote:

    > Contributor/beta-tester is more like it...but in any case, I'm not the one who cross-posted to all
    > these newsgroups (yes, I realize I'm cross-posting this).

    Hi Andy,

    Looking at (for example) the webpage: http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/screenshots.html

    The organization and "look" seems to mimic the analysis/plotting packages that are shipped with
    racecar data acquisition systems -- was this the intent or inspiration for doing this package?

    Here is one of the better racecar packages, for comparison:
    http://www.competitiondata.com/trackmaster/pg2_graphs.htm

    -- Doug Milliken

  11. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Doug Milliken" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > Looking at (for example) the webpage: http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/screenshots.html
    >
    > The organization and "look" seems to mimic the analysis/plotting packages that are shipped with
    > racecar data acquisition systems -- was this the intent or inspiration for doing this package?
    >
    > Here is one of the better racecar packages, for comparison:
    > http://www.competitiondata.com/trackmaster/pg2_graphs.htm

    Hi Doug,

    Neither the intent nor the inspiration, but I can see the similarity. Maybe a simple case of form
    follows function?

    Andy Coggan