New PR

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Risto Varanka, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. 7 days into the new year, first ride of the year, and I shatter a previous Personal Record by 100%!
    Today's new record is -22 C (lemme see... -7.2 F)! How's that for a start of a new season? ^_^

    This morning's ride was a light, 40-50 minute one, supposedly in the clean aerobic zone. Covered
    probably something like 12-14 km. Except for face, I had 3 to 5 layers on, and didn't feel like
    overheating. And only slight freezing in fingers, toes and uncovered parts of face.

    I noticed plastic bags make a terrific outer shell (at least for freezing feet). A balaclava is a
    good idea. And I'm really starting to like the Burton snowboard mitts, obviously originally designed
    for hitting some deep powder.

    The conditions were rather optimal: no wind, even riding surface, sunlight... I only wish we had
    still had that -27 C our house meter showed the previous night.

    For the record, this was done on a upright hybrid.

    Just had to share... Which personal record did you (or are going to) break this year?

  2. Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Funny thing, I thought I went to your web reference and it was in Bosnia. I can't figure out how I
    : got into your thread.

    : I see that "nino k" posted the information but I still can't figure out how I ended up in
    : your thread.

    Maybe it was a stray TCP/IP packet. You never know with all those routers out there. I bet they
    don't even wrap them in tin foil so you never... know... with the aliens... and all... out there.

    PS. If you're still coming to Europe be sure to consider Finland too, it's warm in the summer ;) And
    there's the Ecotrip -> http://ecotrip.info/e-index.htm

    Peace,

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : Funny thing, I thought I went to your web reference and it was in
    Bosnia. I
    > : can't figure out how I got into your thread.
    >
    > : I see that "nino k" posted the information but I still can't figure out
    how
    > : I ended up in your thread.
    >
    > Maybe it was a stray TCP/IP packet. You never know with all those routers out there. I bet they
    > don't even wrap them in tin foil so you never... know... with the aliens... and all... out there.
    >
    > PS. If you're still coming to Europe be sure to consider Finland too, it's warm in the summer ;)
    > And there's the Ecotrip -> http://ecotrip.info/e-index.htm

    WARM IN THE SUMMER? Sure, if you don't mind being carried off by the mosquitoes.

  4. Tom Kunich <[email protected]> wrote:

    : WARM IN THE SUMMER? Sure, if you don't mind being carried off by the mosquitoes.

    In the South parts, you only get mosquitos if you stop ;) Good motivator to keep you riding and make
    breaks short!