New PT user previous Polar s720i lover

jhsidoc

Dec 1, 2005
Just bought the PT SL and have 2 questions. I love the polar software to track miles per year and have a look at the calendar view. Also like its graph ability to track for instance a mountain race and look at all the details as they relate to the altitude/course profile. I understand that I can no longer leave my Polar speed and cadence sensor in place as it interferes with the PT. Is this true? How can I still get this info?

Secondly, if I continue to use the polar monitor to set up my intervals, what are the fields that most people show on the PT computer (Power, HR, Cadence?) Then you can't see speed.

Lastly, is there any software that will simulate the kind of features that the polar software has or any way to move the power data over to the polar data file?:confused:

jhsidoc said:
I understand that I can no longer leave my Polar speed and cadence sensor in place as it interferes with the PT. Is this true? How can I still get this info?

My Polar speed transmitter interferes with the PT's HR function but only sometimes. I don't use a cadence transmitter on the bike that has the PT.

jhsidoc said:
Lastly, is there...any way to move the power data over to the polar data file?:confused:

You could import each PT file into CyclingPeaks and then export it in the Polar format.