New Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brook

Jun 2, 2003
Recently I have been reseaching the purchase of a new mountain bike. I will be mainly riding around town and then start riding through trails and and more ruff terrain throughout the summer. I have been looking at the Rocky Mountain Hammer, Brodie Kinetic and the Specialized Rockhopper. If anyone has any suggestions or pros/cons of each, or other bikes in the same category, please let me know.

Thanks
Brook

specialized and rocky mountain's are usualy very strongly built...plus they look pretty awesome.

Yes, but the Rocky Mountain doesn't come with disc brakes, and I am questioning Specialized components, as they tend to use their own brand.

if you are talking about the rockhopper (not disc or comp) it does have some pretty **** components, plus it dosnt have discs either.

the rocky mountain seems pretty good, but like you said it doesnt have discs.

on the other hand if you r e a l y wanted discs you could just get the specialized disc which is cheaper than the rocky mountain but doesnt have very goood spec...

it realy depends on you budget and on what you want and what you need.

never heard of a broodie so i cant help you with that one.

for a certain price range, if you select disc brakes you will compromise on the other components. if you go without the discs you will get either better components or (maybe) a slightly better frame.

IMHO unless you're going to take a liking to downhill racing, or have a big budget to get discs AND a light-weight bike, v-brakes are just fine. you'll get a lighter bike (which always helps!) and better spec components, which will hopefully last a bit longer or work a little better.

nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.