New Rans seat foam

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Don, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    Has anyone tried the new "improved" Rans seat bottom?

    http://www.ransbikes.com/Whatsnew/SeatCushion.htm

    Also available at the Hostel Shoppe.

    What do you think of it? Will it fit on a Bacchetta mesh seat? Trying to get my butt closer to the
    ground and shave some bike weight.

    Thanks, Don

    Tags:

  2. Tbradster

    Tbradster Guest

    Yes, I purchased this item as well as new seat mesh for my rocket. A little bit of a struggle
    getting the seat mesh mounted, but I like the new seat bottom. More form fitting, firmer. At first I
    thought that it would be prone to producing recumbobutt, but so far seems comfortable and I have
    ridden 40 miles at a stretch. More comfortable than the '99 big soft hunk o' foam IMHO.

    Brad.

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    I am bringing this questio to the top again.

    Does anyone know if it will fit the Bacchetta mesh seat? My LBBS (local Bent bike shop) is still
    waiting for a bike from Rans that was supposed to be delivered in March. We were going to examine
    the seat on it to see if it would fit the Bacchetta seat.