New RCN Website!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Drrecumbnt, Apr 8, 2003.

  1. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    After several long years, Recumbent Cyclist News (RCN) is pleased to announce that our new website
    is up. There is lots of FREE content, and information to help new recumbent bicycle enthusiasts get
    up to speed and learn about recumbent bicycles.

    For those of you who are not familiar with RCN, RCN is Recumbent Cyclist News — a print recumbent
    bicycle enthusiast newsletter that was started by Bob & Marilyn Bryant back in 1990. RCN is an
    independent publication that does critical reviews, road tests, and stories on every aspect of
    recumbent bicycles. RCN is recumbent specific — the only print publication of its kind on the
    world today. RCN has been published on time for 13 years and going on 75 issues. RCN is the first
    and foremost authority on recumbent bicycles.

    Our new website is: http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

    At the new site, you will find:

    * Expanded "About Recumbent" section
    * Check out our expanded FREE content:
    * 6 downloadable RCN issues including the rare Homebuilder Special
    * 12 downloadable articles from RCN
    * We plan to include 1 or 2 new FREE RCN issues per year at the site.
    * Site Sponsor Links
    * RCN Business
    * Writer Guidelines
    * Ad Rates
    * Subscription forms

    2003 Buyers Guide/Season Preview Now Available RCN 074, our yearly season preview/buyers guide issue
    is off the press and available now.

    More Big News RCN has been publishing since 1990 — 13 years. As of July 2003, RCN will be printing
    8 issues per year. We hope to move to 10 issues per year soon.

    For a paper sample mailed within the USA, please send $5. For a subscription, please send $32 cash,
    check or money order to:

    RCN, PO Box 2048, Port Townsend, WA 98368.

    We expect to be able to accept PayPal orders within a few weeks.

    Thank you for your time.

    Viva Recumbency!

    Bob Bryant, publisher

    Recumbent Cyclist News A Print Newsletter by and for Recumbent Bicycle Enthusiasts — Since 1990 <A
    HREF="http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com">http://www.recumbentcyclistnews .com</A

    Tags:

  2. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    Bob, great magazine and content. I've been an on again off again [only off because me busy lifestyle
    gets in the way of sending a check!] I have a couple of questions comments: 1. what about offering a
    pay for view online copy of the magazine 2. barring that, how about easier payment form for the
    print mag: what about excepting www.paypal.com for payment, either have a slightly higher rate for
    using this option for payment, or just accepting bank transfer payments only, which are virtually
    free for you. This might help selling all those RCN test bikes also, sincerely, Jim "forgot to send
    my renewal check" Hall :)

    DrRecumbnt wrote:
    > After several long years, Recumbent Cyclist News (RCN) is pleased to announce that our new website
    > is up. There is lots of FREE content, and information to help new recumbent bicycle enthusiasts
    > get up to speed and learn about recumbent bicycles.
    >
    > For those of you who are not familiar with RCN, RCN is Recumbent Cyclist News — a print
    > recumbent bicycle enthusiast newsletter that was started by Bob & Marilyn Bryant back in 1990. RCN
    > is an independent publication that does critical reviews, road tests, and stories on every aspect
    > of recumbent bicycles. RCN is recumbent specific — the only print publication of its kind on the
    > world today. RCN has been published on time for 13 years and going on 75 issues. RCN is the first
    > and foremost authority on recumbent bicycles.
    >
    > Our new website is: http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com
    >
    > At the new site, you will find:
    >
    > * Expanded "About Recumbent" section
    > * Check out our expanded FREE content:
    > * 6 downloadable RCN issues including the rare Homebuilder Special
    > * 12 downloadable articles from RCN
    > * We plan to include 1 or 2 new FREE RCN issues per year at the site.
    > * Site Sponsor Links
    > * RCN Business
    > * Writer Guidelines
    > * Ad Rates
    > * Subscription forms
    >
    > 2003 Buyers Guide/Season Preview Now Available RCN 074, our yearly season preview/buyers guide
    > issue is off the press and available now.
    >

    > More Big News RCN has been publishing since 1990 — 13 years. As of July 2003, RCN will be
    > printing 8 issues per year. We hope to move to 10 issues per year soon.
    >
    > For a paper sample mailed within the USA, please send $5. For a subscription, please send $32
    > cash, check or money order to:
    >
    > RCN, PO Box 2048, Port Townsend, WA 98368.
    >
    > We expect to be able to accept PayPal orders within a few weeks.
    >
    > Thank you for your time.
    >

    > Viva Recumbency!
    >
    > Bob Bryant, publisher
    >
    > Recumbent Cyclist News A Print Newsletter by and for Recumbent Bicycle Enthusiasts — Since 1990
    > <A HREF="http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com">http://www.recumbentcyclistnews .com</A

  3. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    doh doh doh, didn't see the last statement about accepting paypal in a few weeks, SORRY! sincerely,
    Jim "too busy to read the whole thing" Hall

    DrRecumbnt wrote:
    > After several long years, Recumbent Cyclist News (RCN) is pleased to announce that our new website
    > is up. There is lots of FREE content, and information to help new recumbent bicycle enthusiasts
    > get up to speed and learn about recumbent bicycles.
    >
    > For those of you who are not familiar with RCN, RCN is Recumbent Cyclist News — a print
    > recumbent bicycle enthusiast newsletter that was started by Bob & Marilyn Bryant back in 1990. RCN
    > is an independent publication that does critical reviews, road tests, and stories on every aspect
    > of recumbent bicycles. RCN is recumbent specific — the only print publication of its kind on the
    > world today. RCN has been published on time for 13 years and going on 75 issues. RCN is the first
    > and foremost authority on recumbent bicycles.
    >
    > Our new website is: http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com
    >
    > At the new site, you will find:
    >
    > * Expanded "About Recumbent" section
    > * Check out our expanded FREE content:
    > * 6 downloadable RCN issues including the rare Homebuilder Special
    > * 12 downloadable articles from RCN
    > * We plan to include 1 or 2 new FREE RCN issues per year at the site.
    > * Site Sponsor Links
    > * RCN Business
    > * Writer Guidelines
    > * Ad Rates
    > * Subscription forms
    >
    > 2003 Buyers Guide/Season Preview Now Available RCN 074, our yearly season preview/buyers guide
    > issue is off the press and available now.
    >

    > More Big News RCN has been publishing since 1990 — 13 years. As of July 2003, RCN will be
    > printing 8 issues per year. We hope to move to 10 issues per year soon.
    >
    > For a paper sample mailed within the USA, please send $5. For a subscription, please send $32
    > cash, check or money order to:
    >
    > RCN, PO Box 2048, Port Townsend, WA 98368.
    >
    > We expect to be able to accept PayPal orders within a few weeks.
    >
    > Thank you for your time.
    >

    > Viva Recumbency!
    >
    > Bob Bryant, publisher
    >
    > Recumbent Cyclist News A Print Newsletter by and for Recumbent Bicycle Enthusiasts — Since 1990
    > <A HREF="http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com">http://www.recumbentcyclistnews .com</A

  4. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    Most RCN test bikes are mfr loaners. We barter for a few per year, mainly those that are difficult
    to get or with expensive shipping.

    Web classified ads are a good idea. We'd have to go back to charging for them (run in both print
    newsletter and web) and this wouldn't be too popular.

    RCN is still just me full time and Marilyn part time. Paypal will be as advanced as we get
    for awhile.

    Bob Bryant http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

  5. Bentbiker

    Bentbiker Guest

    Bob, Let us know when the paypal is up and running, i'll get me renewal off then ASAP!

    DrRecumbnt wrote:
    > Most RCN test bikes are mfr loaners. We barter for a few per year, mainly those that are difficult
    > to get or with expensive shipping.
    >
    > Web classified ads are a good idea. We'd have to go back to charging for them (run in both print
    > newsletter and web) and this wouldn't be too popular.
    >
    > RCN is still just me full time and Marilyn part time. Paypal will be as advanced as we get
    > for awhile.
    >
    > Bob Bryant http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

  6. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    > We expect to be able to accept PayPal orders within a few weeks.

    Let us know. I will order my subscription then.

    Derek

  7. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    Very nice!