New Rider- Bianchi Pista 2003 v 2005 v 2006

deetso

Nov 17, 2005
Ok, lurker here, looking to go in for a new pista, my local shop has a new 2003 pista- (a cool battleship grey) and the crome 2005 and all models of the 2006.

My problem comes down to the price- each is $500.

Im afraid my knowledge of components is weak at best. I started riding bikes after I got hurt so bad in soccer Im not supposed to do any contact sports anymore.... blah blah blah- long story.

Just curious if there is any reason I should hesitate to pay the full 500 for the 2003- I just prefer the look- but if Im getting screwed on components I want to know.

I realize my lack of knowledge about components probably means I wont really notice- but I was curious anyway.

d-

deetso said:
Ok, lurker here, looking to go in for a new pista, my local shop has a new 2003 pista- (a cool battleship grey) and the crome 2005 and all models of the 2006.

My problem comes down to the price- each is $500.

Im afraid my knowledge of components is weak at best. I started riding bikes after I got hurt so bad in soccer Im not supposed to do any contact sports anymore.... blah blah blah- long story.

Just curious if there is any reason I should hesitate to pay the full 500 for the 2003- I just prefer the look- but if Im getting screwed on components I want to know.

I realize my lack of knowledge about components probably means I wont really notice- but I was curious anyway.

d-
There isn't much to worry about concidering its a fixed gear. You're mainly looking at the difference in wheels, which, imho, aren't that great to begin with. So, you're 500 is going to be pretty much standard for any year pista.

I just bought an '03 Pista, brand new, for $200 USD a couple of weeks ago. Apparently battleship grey fell out of favor in some markets once the chrome ones hit. I can report that it's a VERY nice bike, especially considering the price paid. Mine came with quite a bit of WTB kit (Wilderness Terrain Bikes, on a track bike?) but that stuff is in the process of being replaced. The stock components on my bike are fine for what I'm doing (hammering around town) and appear to be plenty strong, I just expect to upgrade a few things that I see as needing improvement. Honestly, I would hesitate to give MSRP for an '03 in light of the deal I found, but if the '03 is what you have your heart set on, go for it. It seems to be an outstanding ride.

They're all the same so go for the one you like if the price is identical.

Here's my commuter Pista Fixie... :D

T52005092410210374.jpg

T520050924102105331.jpg