Clydesdales 200lb / 90kg + riders ยท Public discussion

New Rider..Hello I guess....

Started by Threedog72 ยท ยท Last activity ยท 5 posts ยท 2,296 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Clydesdales 200lb / 90kg + riders
Published
11 May 2014
Last activity
24 March 2015
Original author
Threedog72
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,296
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello from New Orleans ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Well, I have decided to get into biking as a health improver. I'm 41 6"3" 270'ish LBS so I figured i'd best be served in this part of the forums. I haven't really done much in the way of exercising in 10 years it seems, work plus couch potato issues. Really excited about this new chapter of trying to get healthy. One of my IT customers who's a avid cyclist/runner has really turned me on to the activity. Seems like with some dedication I'll be able to get to my goal of 225lbs or so and just feel more fit.

    Thanks to Eric over at Eastbank Cyclery for helping me out. I ended up going with a Trek DS 8.3, seemed like a good starter bike cost wise and will let me ride the paved roads and some light off road stuff. Till I decide where I'd like to go before I get something alittle more serious.

    So there it is...Hello ๐Ÿ˜‰

  2. Hello, Threedog 72 ! Good luck in your quest. Cycling is a good way to promote personal fitness. You should really like cycling, good aerobic fitness without a lot of impact. I find it's the best exercise , because I actually like doing it. That makes a big difference.

  3. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by Midlifecylist
    Hello, Threedog 72 ! Good luck in your quest. Cycling is a good way to promote personal fitness. You should really like cycling, good aerobic fitness without a lot of impact. I find it's the best exercise , because I actually like doing it. That makes a big difference.

    Appreciate the welcome, yeah. That's basically what my friends have told me. Low impact etc, plus it'll be nice as I have people to ride with.

  4. Good luck on your journey! Make sure to stay hydrated and find a diet that works for you. Supplements can also help,I take actigin for endurance and beast creature for creatine.

  5. Nice to meet you. I hope that you enjoy your cycling journey. I am also over 200 pounds and I began cycling to reduce stress on my joints and improve my physical fitness. Like you, I am very tall so although I do not show my weight as much as others I have some unique challenges with my cycling. It seems like you have started with a bike that is appropriate to your needs. I hope you have a great time on your cycling adventure.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.