New riders here! Excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

justo316

Apr 26, 2003
My girlfriend has just bought us a couple of bikes. She got a Giant Boulder SE ($400) and I got a Mongoose Rockadile LED ($630). I think we (she) saved about $400 off the RRP.

Went for our first decent ride today around my suburb. Did about 10kms with hills... Heaps of fun!

We can't wait to get out on some trails!

Any riders from Perth know where's good to start off with??

"justo316" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My girlfriend has just bought us a couple of bikes. She got a Giant Boulder SE ($400) and I got a
> Mongoose Rockadile LED ($630). I think we (she) saved about $400 off the RRP.
>
> Went for our first decent ride today around my suburb. Did about 10kms with hills... Heaps of fun!
>
> We can't wait to get out on some trails!
>
> Any riders from Perth know where's good to start off with??

Hi,

I'm in Perth and enjoy pottering about on the trails. There are several easy trails around that
won't bang you around too much!

Try the Railway Heritage Trail in Swan View. There's a carpark at the corner of Pechy Road and
Morrison Road. Park there and ride as long as you like. The trail is a 40ish km loop but you can
just head out and back; no need to do the whole thing. Remember to remove anything of value from
your car though. I've had several break-ins in that carpark.

Another easy trail is at Carinyah, just past Karagullen on the Brookton Highway. About 19km loop.
Park just past Kangaroo Gully (there's a sign on the road) and follow the trail markers.

Pop in to your local CALM office and pick up some trail guides. There are several available that
give you directions and descriptions of the trails.

Drop me a line off list if you want to hook up. There are a few of us that get together occasionally
for casual rides (with a BBQ or something afterwards... got to get that blood sugar back up!).
You're welcome to join
in...

Cheers,

Frank

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the invite! We'd probably want to build up some stamina first before we go out riding with other people though.

Pity about the Railway Heritage Trail being unsafe for cars, cos I've been unlucky enough to lose 2 stereo systems so far. Now, I am very wary of where I'm leaving my car....

The Carinyah trail sounds like a better option anyway. A 19 km loop, if it's not too hard, sounds challenging, for us first timers anyway.

Cheers

Originally posted by Frank Palermo

Hi,

I'm in Perth and enjoy pottering about on the trails. There are several easy trails around that
won't bang you around too much!

Try the Railway Heritage Trail in Swan View. There's a carpark at the corner of Pechy Road and
Morrison Road. Park there and ride as long as you like. The trail is a 40ish km loop but you can
just head out and back; no need to do the whole thing. Remember to remove anything of value from
your car though. I've had several break-ins in that carpark.

Another easy trail is at Carinyah, just past Karagullen on the Brookton Highway. About 19km loop.
Park just past Kangaroo Gully (there's a sign on the road) and follow the trail markers.

Pop in to your local CALM office and pick up some trail guides. There are several available that
give you directions and descriptions of the trails.

Drop me a line off list if you want to hook up. There are a few of us that get together occasionally
for casual rides (with a BBQ or something afterwards... got to get that blood sugar back up!).
You're welcome to join
in...

Cheers,

Frank [/B]

> Hi Frank, Thanks for the invite! We'd probably want to build up some stamina first before we go
> out riding with other people though.
>
> Pity about the Railway Heritage Trail being unsafe for cars, cos I've been unlucky enough to lose
> 2 stereo systems so far. Now, I am very wary of where I'm leaving my car....
>
> The Carinyah trail sounds like a better option anyway. A 19 km loop, if it's not too hard, sounds
> challenging, for us first timers anyway.
>
> Cheers
>

Have fun! If you decide to go to Carinyah, drop me a line and I'll be happy to act as your guide (I
live nearby). Happy to go out with newbies as I'm just getting back to riding after a wrist op...

As far as the Railway Heritage Trail is concerned, if you pick your time and go when there are
plenty of others around it's safer. Sundays are good. Lots of walkers use the trail, so there's
constant traffic. It's the quiet timesyou have to watch for. Don't let those thieving sods control
your movements!

Cheers,

Frank

On 2 May 2003 13:30:06 +0950, justo316 <[email protected]> wrote:

>Pity about the Railway Heritage Trail being unsafe for cars, cos I've been unlucky enough to lose 2
>stereo systems so far. Now, I am very wary of where I'm leaving my car....

Thought about riding all the way from your home? Or taking a train part of the way?

PC

Originally posted by Pc

Thought about riding all the way from your home? Or taking a train part of the way?

PC [/B]
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......sorry........
If I rode all the way from home, that would probably be a trek in itself.....
And I hate public transport....I prefer to be independent.
Sensible idea though......

On 3 May 2003 20:30:08 +0950, justo316 <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Thought about riding all the way from your home? Or taking a train part of the way?

>Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha......sorry........ If I rode all the way from home, that would probably
>be a trek in itself..... And I hate public transport....I prefer to be independent.

Nobody in this world is independant when it comes to transportation, whether using heavily tax
subsidised public roads surrounded by f***wits or on heavily tax subsidised public transport
surrounded by f***wits..

>Sensible idea though......

Thanks..

PC

Yeah, just checked out how far the Carinyah trail is. It's hella far from me. I live in Kingsley which is 20min drive north of the city by freeway....

Sounds like an easy enough track. Are there anymore that are easier? I've got maps of the heritage one and the mundaring(?) one as well...

We will hopefully go to the Carinyah trail after we get our first service on the bikes, just to clear up a few small problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.