New Riding Buddy (heheh)

Paladin

Guest
For Mattb and others who appreciate the "finer things in life", and who
don't mind going through mtbr, here are some pictures from last night's
group ride that I host. For a little background, the FIQ (female in
question) is quite famous around here, and the slavering dogs on the ID
mtbr board make references to her every week...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216690
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216903

CDB
your goodwill ambassador to the unridden masses

pete fagerlin wrote:

> http://www.brandiswindell.org/about.asp

Now that is some scary ****. Talk about Idaho living up to the
stereotype. Check the blog:

'Thank you to each who attended the Nampa Library Board meeting about
the removal of the sexually explicit and graphic materials, 'The Joy of
Sex' and 'The Joy of Gay Sex'.

Mike? How about "Mountain Bikers Advocate Book Banning"? Could be a
whole new direction for you.

CC

Paladin wrote:

> Just a really energetic gal who's out there acting on what she believes
> in. That's the great thing about freedom, we can believe what we want,
> pretty well say what we want, and if someone doesn't like it, and they
> want to believesomething else, and even try to persuade others to his
> or her way of thinking, that's when freedom rings... :)

If you mean "fundamentalist nutjob trying to cram her religion down
everybody else's throats", then I'm with you there. Let freedom ring.
Hooooah!

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
>>
>> Just a really energetic gal who's out there acting on what she
>> believes in. That's the great thing about freedom, we can believe
>> what we want, pretty well say what we want, and if someone doesn't
>> like it, and they want to believesomething else, and even try to
>> persuade others to his or her way of thinking, that's when freedom
>> rings... :)

> If you mean "fundamentalist nutjob trying to cram her religion down
> everybody else's throats", then I'm with you there. Let freedom ring.
> Hooooah!

How do you type with your arms twisted behind your back while being forced
to look at her website(s)?

Bill "not my thing, but I'd sure ride with her" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Corvus Corvax wrote:
>
>>Paladin wrote:
>>
>>>Just a really energetic gal who's out there acting on what she
>>>believes in. That's the great thing about freedom, we can believe
>>>what we want, pretty well say what we want, and if someone doesn't
>>>like it, and they want to believesomething else, and even try to
>>>persuade others to his or her way of thinking, that's when freedom
>>>rings... :)

>>If you mean "fundamentalist nutjob trying to cram her religion down
>>everybody else's throats", then I'm with you there. Let freedom ring.
>>Hooooah!

> How do you type with your arms twisted behind your back while being forced
> to look at her website(s)?

So she hasn't done any of that stuff she mentions in her blog? She's
never done anything but run her regressive little website?

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Corvus Corvax wrote:

>>> If you mean "fundamentalist nutjob trying to cram her religion down
>>> everybody else's throats", then I'm with you there. Let freedom
>>> ring. Hooooah!

>> How do you type with your arms twisted behind your back while being
>> forced to look at her website(s)?
>>

> So she hasn't done any of that stuff she mentions in her blog? She's
> never done anything but run her regressive little website?

Nothing's been crammed down my throat as yet. Why, what have you heard?

Bill Sornson wrote:

> How do you type with your arms twisted behind your back while being forced
> to look at her website(s)?

If she gets her legistlative agenda through, there might not be much
else to read. Brandi -- and I am not making this up -- is running for
public office in Boise on a platform of cutting funding for libraries
that stock books she doesn't like, and posting the Ten Commandments in
public parks:

http://www.brandiswindell.org/citycouncilrace.asp

Also from Brandi's web site:

'Last week, Nampa businessman Larry Knapp announced he would withhold a
$10,000
donation to the Nampa library because it would not remove the sex
books.

[...]

Brandi Swindell, the director of Generation Life who battled Boise
leaders over the removal of a Ten Commandments monument from city
property in 2004, sent out a news release about Knapp's decision and
has called on the Nampa business community to follow Knapp's lead.

She said her focus is on Nampa now because it seems to have more sex
books than other local libraries, but she plans to confront other
libraries that carry explicit material, especially those with graphic
images in their pages, including "The Joy of Sex."

If the city of Boise continues with plans to ask voters to approve a
bond for library expansion next year, library content will be part of
the debate, Swindell said.

"I'm sure it will be," she said. "This is something that the library
board in Boise should be thinking about." '

Reference:

http://www.brandiswindell.org/news.asp?id=26

CC

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> For Mattb and others who appreciate the "finer things in life", and who
> don't mind going through mtbr, here are some pictures from last night's
> group ride that I host. For a little background, the FIQ (female in
> question) is quite famous around here, and the slavering dogs on the ID
> mtbr board make references to her every week...
>
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216690
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216903
>
> CDB
> your goodwill ambassador to the unridden masses

Send me the pics, I can't see them on mtbr (not a member).

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Ed Pirrero wrote:

> Right. Folks like Brandi assume I can't parent my own kids. That's
> the assumption made when you try and legislate ANY morality. "I know
> my kids are upright and wouldn't read that stuff, but those Corvax
> kids..."

Notice that the religious nuts' argument is so weak on this one that
somebody like Mark _immediately_ brings up the bogeyman of terrorism,
as if that has anything at all to do with a city council election in
Idaho. (I notice that Brandy got her ass kicked in the election, by the
way. A victory for real American freedom.)

CC

Paladin wrote:
> For Mattb and others who appreciate the "finer things in life", and who
> don't mind going through mtbr, here are some pictures from last night's
> group ride that I host. For a little background, the FIQ (female in
> question) is quite famous around here, and the slavering dogs on the ID
> mtbr board make references to her every week...
>
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216690
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=216903
>
> CDB
> your goodwill ambassador to the unridden masses

Nice pics, but besides riding a mountain bike, I think she epitomizes
"not my type" in every way imaginable.

And good for the Nampa library for standing up for the first amendment
when trying to be bribed to suppress it.

Matt

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Mark Hickey wrote:
>>
>> If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
>> of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
>> (or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

> When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
> the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists,
> except that they dress different. (The Christians are way tackier.)

Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot to blow
up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

Bill Sornson wrote:

> Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot to blow
> up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

That's a difference in tactics, not agendas.

I would still like an explanation of how terrorism (or Islam in
general) is germane to book banning in Idaho.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot
>> to blow up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

> That's a difference in tactics, not agendas.

You wrote (and snipped for some reason), "I fail to see much of a difference
between the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic
fundamentalists"

Seems to me the latter's "agendas" and "tactics" are the same: kill many
thousands of innocent people.

Somehow "Brandi" doesn't seem quite as menacing. LOL (Are you saying she
shouldn't have the /right/ to be wrong? Didn't you or someone say she ran
for public office and got trounced? Are you suggesting that's dangerous?)

> I would still like an explanation of how terrorism (or Islam in
> general) is germane to book banning in Idaho.

Wasn't my contention. I didn't read her website (no interest), but I highly
doubt that she's a true threat to anything you or I hold dear. (Or are you
saying that people should be free to call Bush "******" and the like but
somehow some blonde chick somewhere shouldn't be free to express /her/
views?)

Seems like a double standard to me. One of /many/.

Bill S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Corvus Corvax wrote:
>
>>Mark Hickey wrote:
>>
>>>If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
>>>of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
>>>(or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

>>When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
>>the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists,
>>except that they dress different. (The Christians are way tackier.)

> Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot to blow
> up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

It sure ain't atheists bombing family planning clinics and beating gays
to death.

Greg
--

Bill Sornson wrote:

> You wrote (and snipped for some reason), "I fail to see much of a difference
> between the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic
> fundamentalists"
>
> Seems to me the latter's "agendas" and "tactics" are the same: kill many
> thousands of innocent people.
>
> Somehow "Brandi" doesn't seem quite as menacing.

Well, ok. If your best argument is "we're not as bad as the Taliban", I
really don't know what to say.

CC

G.T. wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Corvus Corvax wrote:

>>> When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
>>> the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic
>>> fundamentalists, except that they dress different. (The Christians
>>> are way tackier.)

>> Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot
>> to blow up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.
>>

> It sure ain't atheists bombing family planning clinics and beating
> gays to death.

Just had some hate crime assaults here in SD after the Pride Parade. The
punk perps were not religious nuts of any sort; they were skinhead/nazi
types (for lack of a better term).

While isolated acts of violence and intolerance are abhorrent and must be
severely punished or better yet /stopped/, I think that Mark's point about
"overall relative threat" still stands. (Are people being prevented from
having carry-on bags on airplanes today due to...Brandi?!? LOL )

She's just not that scary, fellas. Sorry.

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>>
>> You wrote (and snipped for some reason), "I fail to see much of a
>> difference between the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and
>> Islamic fundamentalists"
>>
>> Seems to me the latter's "agendas" and "tactics" are the same: kill
>> many thousands of innocent people.
>>
>> Somehow "Brandi" doesn't seem quite as menacing.

> Well, ok. If your best argument is "we're not as bad as the Taliban",
> I really don't know what to say.

If I wrote, suggested, implied or meant that, then you'd have a point.

Yet another double standard: OK for /you/ (universal you) to reduce things
to the absurd in order to sound...what, pious?

I'll just roll my eyes and call it a day...

G.T. wrote:

> It sure ain't atheists bombing family planning clinics and beating gays
> to death.
>
> Greg
> --

Can I hear an amen and a hallelujah. Right on Brother Greg!!!

CG

Bill Sornson wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>>Bill Sornson wrote:

>>>Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot
>>>to blow up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.
>>>

>>It sure ain't atheists bombing family planning clinics and beating
>>gays to death.

> Just had some hate crime assaults here in SD after the Pride Parade. The
> punk perps were not religious nuts of any sort; they were skinhead/nazi
> types (for lack of a better term).
>
> While isolated acts of violence and intolerance are abhorrent and must be
> severely punished or better yet /stopped/,

Yes, so Christian fundamentalists should be locked up just like Islamic
fundamentalists.

> I think that Mark's point about
> "overall relative threat" still stands. (Are people being prevented from
> having carry-on bags on airplanes today due to...Brandi?!? LOL )
>
> She's just not that scary, fellas. Sorry.

Oh, yes, she is. She's all about oppression and forcing her agenda one
people, and that is hugely scary.

Greg

--

G.T. wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> G.T. wrote:

>>> It sure ain't atheists bombing family planning clinics and beating
>>> gays to death.

>> Just had some hate crime assaults here in SD after the Pride Parade.
>> The punk perps were not religious nuts of any sort; they were
>> skinhead/nazi types (for lack of a better term).
>>
>> While isolated acts of violence and intolerance are abhorrent and
>> must be severely punished or better yet /stopped/,

> Yes, so Christian fundamentalists should be locked up just like
> Islamic fundamentalists.

So someone should lock up some Christians somewhere because some skinheads
assaulted some gays? Sorry, I just don't get the connection. How about
locking up violent criminals, period?

>> I think that Mark's point about
>> "overall relative threat" still stands. (Are people being prevented
>> from having carry-on bags on airplanes today due to...Brandi?!? LOL
>> ) She's just not that scary, fellas. Sorry.

> Oh, yes, she is. She's all about oppression and forcing her agenda
> one people, and that is hugely scary.

Is there freeedom of speech here or not? There are all kinds of nutjobs
espousing all kinds of wacky ****. "Brandi" ain't affecting my travel plans
this weekend.

Double standards...