New Rim Wheel

king_matt87

Aug 25, 2003
1#
ok this morning i crashed my dual shock MTB I was firn but teh front disc braked wheel was bent in half. I removed the wheels from the bike ad jumped on it beding it in to rideable shape. and of course i now need a new rim. what is good and cheap. strong.spend about $80 or less was a sun rim CR18 the back is a MC18

2#
ok i was going to bye a spare wheel set which i will use for the bush. and use th old one for less enduring rideing. ok so what sort of hubs are good and what sort of rims. my back hub is a standard shimano 8 speed with V brake. my front has a 180 mm disc brake. ok i'm a road cyclist and only hit the trail about once to twice a week. i wont to spend under $500 becasue i guess i can get some thing pritty good at taht price. Ok is is for my NORCO NX2000 adventure series worth $1400 i brought it for $900 new. it has alivo parts with SRAM shifters. below is a pictur of my MTB but now the fornt wheel is a bit buggered REALLY BUGGERED REALLY REALLY

Sun rhyno lites are good wheels that won't cost much and don't weigh a whole ton (something like $30-39US, per hoop). Shimano XT is hard to beat for durability and price (rears are under $85, fronts $50US).

I hope you are OK from your adventure. I destroyed a Sun/Ringle' Singlewide a few weeks ago and destroyed my shoulder in the process. I won't be offroad for a few months now. Look at http://www.sun-ringle.com/ShowRoom.html and then I would suggest seeing what site gives you the best price (it isn't always their own site, but sometimes it is). Have fun and take care.

K.