New road bike. Down to a choice of three, which one?

UnkleMunkle

Aug 16, 2012
Hi folks, first post here but have in the past popped in for a lurk and to soak up some sage advice. Been riding for a few years but now looking to get into racing and sportives rather than my usual solo plods, with this in mind I'm going carbon.

The time has come for me to replace my Trek 1000 and after a good few months of umming, ahhing, staring, researching, sitting on, test riding and frankly doing my own head in, I've narrowed it down to a choice of three. Problem is, just when I think I've decided which one, the next day my mind changes again so I'm putting this to the vote and the mercy of those with more knowledge than I!

So, my finalists are:

Wilier Izoard XP veloce
Cube Agree GTC 105
Felt F5 105

I honestly though I'd settled on the Cube but then saw the WIlier and fell in love, the Felt keeps rearing it's head too though.

So, in a nutshell, help!

The best one is going to be the one that fits best, rides best, tickles your aesthetic g-spot, and makes your wallet (or the wife controlling it) most happy. In terms of quality, there's not going to be a significant difference between the three. That's about it.

Originally Posted by alienator .

The best one is going to be the one that fits best, rides best, tickles your aesthetic g-spot, and makes your wallet (or the wife controlling it) most happy. In terms of quality, there's not going to be a significant difference between the three. That's about it.
The Cube and Felt fit really well and I enjoyed both of them, although a 56 in the Felt and a 58 in the Cube. Can't find the Wilier anywhere other than online so haven't been able to try it yet, I think I love it though......

Originally Posted by UnkleMunkle .

The Cube and Felt fit really well and I enjoyed both of them, although a 56 in the Felt and a 58 in the Cube. Can't find the Wilier anywhere other than online so haven't been able to try it yet, I think I love it though......
Sounds like a genuine dilemna for someone who needs a test ride. Not so much for those who ascribe to the old adage "love conquers all".

The best one is going to be the one that best fits, rides best and makes your wallet most happy............

Thank you
Bizworldusa