New road bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Keily

I am interested if anybody has heard of Flanders as a bike brand and if any opinions as to the
quality of frames.

Mike

michael keily <[email protected]> said:
> I am interested if anybody has heard of Flanders as a bike brand and if any opinions as to the
> quality of frames.

I have a Flanders cyclo-cross frame (well, it says Crossline on it) which seems to be built well out
of Easton 7005. It's feather light compared to my ancient steel road bike and has plenty of mounting
points for things, loads of clearance for fat tyres, cantilever mounts and a replacable rear
dropout. To my very inexperienced eye it seems totally decent but then I did get it for 110 quid
with fork and headset. It doesn't seem to have downtube braze-ons for some reason; instead there's
just mounting points for cable stops (a sort of threaded tube which the stop screws into) so if you
have a craving to use downtube shifters this may not be the frame for you.

However, I haven't yet ridden the thing as I'm waiting for a wheel build and some other parts to
arrive before I can put the whole thing together. It will be a sort of fast touring/shopping lugging
bike in the end.

If you can stand Babblefish translating, their site is http://www.flandersfietsen.be/

Regards,

-david

Status
Not open for further replies.