New Road Bike

ZXD22

Mar 21, 2015
USA, MA, Cape Cod
Finally switched from my crappy mountain bike to a road bike for road use now. My legs are used to the 20-30 mile journeys on the mountain bike so I should be good endurance wise on the road bike. Its a brand new Trek 1.1 C. Got it for a pretty good deal too for 734 dollars. I'll post a picture of it soon but its my first legit road bike and I'm stoked!

That was nice to hear and I can not wait to see the photos of it. I get demotivated easily and I think getting something new would excite me once again and would have the drive to ride. I know this should not the only thing that would motivate me but for now it has been the strongest of them all.

Wow, this does sound like a great deal. I have heard those bikes are great. I think if you are used to a 20-30 mile workout that is great. You must feel very healthy overall. I hope you received a lot of endurance on your new road bike as you expected.

Went 60 miles on it today on its first day of assembly. It handled like a beauty. I love it <3

Attachments

• IMG_20150731_083519.jpg
    IMG_20150731_083519.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 5
When I buy a new bike, I would still buy a mountain bike because it looks more classy than road bikes or racers. What's good in mountain bike is the fat tires that seem to be stronger and durable than the thin tires of the racer bikes. But, of course, the mountain bike is heavier in weight but I get a better balance with it maybe because of the heavy frame. I hope I can post my picture here with my new bike before the year ends.

BikeBikeBikeBike said:
How do you like the toe clips?
I like them on the go, it really does deliver a boost to your biking efficiency, but it gets hard to put them on for me in the beginning. It will become easier with time though.

ZXD22 said:
Went 60 miles on it today on its first day of assembly. It handled like a beauty. I love it <3
Nice shiny new bike. I can tell how wonderful the feeling is just by reading this statement of yours that says : it handled like a beauty: hmmm. I hope I could buy a new bike soon as good as a beautiful as yours. Keep riding and enjoy the experience

I've only heard good things about road bikes. I really hope you enjoy it. There's no feeling like pushing pedals and going your top speed on a bike. Not to mention, it helps you work on your cardio (good for people who care about health like me!)

ZXD22 said:
Finally switched from my crappy mountain bike to a road bike for road use now. My legs are used to the 20-30 mile journeys on the mountain bike so I should be good endurance wise on the road bike. Its a brand new Trek 1.1 C. Got it for a pretty good deal too for 734 dollars. I'll post a picture of it soon but its my first legit road bike and I'm stoked!
I hope that you will enjoy riding you new road bike. What made you to change your bike from a mountain bike to a road bike?

Congratulations. Another satisfied customer. Now what are you going to do with your old bike? Sell it or make a frankenstien bike like my brother and I use to do. Better yet, go buy a after market kit and get that thing motorized with a 50 cc weed eater motor.

ZXD22 said:
I like them on the go, it really does deliver a boost to your biking efficiency, but it gets hard to put them on for me in the beginning. It will become easier with time though.
By the time you get used to them, you're going to want to change over to clipless. :D

That's a great looking bike. Tip: it'll look even better without the wheel reflectors. ;)