New road helmet, recommendations please...

uptheiron69

Feb 12, 2008
Hey folks,

Renewing my helmet in the next couple of weeks, thinking about buying a Bell Sweep, Bell Ghisallo or Giro Monza. Any pro's, cons or recommendations would be very much appreciated. :D

uptheiron69 said:
Hey folks,

Renewing my helmet in the next couple of weeks, thinking about buying a Bell Sweep, Bell Ghisallo or Giro Monza. Any pro's, cons or recommendations would be very much appreciated. :D

Which ever one fits the best.

uptheiron69 said:
Thanks Peter, but I was also looking for advice from users regarding comfort, cooling & ventilation etc......
Whichever one is most comfortable on your head. Or the most expensive one. Or the one that matches your team kit. Or the one that looks sexiest.

One thing to look for is a ventilation system that draws air through the helmet directly over the head. It is claimed that the last two or three generations of top-of-the-line helmets from Giro and Bell do this extremely well. In other words, it's not just having a lot of big intake ports in the front, you need an efficient exhaust port out the rear. Other brands might work just as well.

uptheiron69 said:
Thanks Peter, but I was also looking for advice from users regarding comfort, cooling & ventilation etc......

Comfort=fit and cooling is pretty similar for all the helmets, including the ones you mentioned. I think many pay way to much for expensive helmets that 'claim' this or that but in practice, just about any Giro/Bell, would work for ya. I have a $60 Giro, not sure of the model, that keeps my wife happy. .